This is a simple step by step procedure on how to manually flash or install the G70XXKPH Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware on Samsung Galaxy Player YP-G70 or called as Galaxy S Wifi 5.0. In this method, we are using Odin downloader and the original stock ROM G70XXKPH from Samsung’s Kies official firmware released in France. This procedure will only work on a specific variant of Galaxy Player released in Europe with product code YP-G70CW.
This WILL NOT WORK on other multimedia player like the Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.0 YP-G1CW, Galaxy Player 50 YP-G50CW and the US versions Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 YP-G1CWY and Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 YP-G70C/NAW. So, just check out your device product information before applying this guide, for it will bricked your device in no time if you use the ROMs as stated here.
I just created this guide for such certain reports of users on some forums that already bricked their Galaxy Players for flashing a wrong ROMs because they can’t wait for the official firmware releases on their regions via Samsung Kies.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by applying this method. Proceed at your own risk.
- Back up all important files stored on the player, contacts, messages, videos, music etc.
- Make sure your Galaxy player’s battery is charge at its peak or at least 50 to 70% remaining power. Much more recommended if it’s fully charge, this will avoid risk of power failure that result on bricking the device.
- You need to have Kies installed on your PC/laptop, to have the driver of your player also installed on your computer or grab the driver then disable Kies when running Odin.
- Use a good and working USB cable for your Galaxy S Wifi 5.0
G70XXKPH Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Stock ROM from Official Firmware Update released March 2012.
Product Code: YP-G70CWXEF
Version: Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread
Date: March 9, 2012
Stock ROM: YP-G70_XEF_G70XXKPH_G70XXKPH_G70XXKPH
1. Extract the downloaded file in a separate folder, then you’ll see the two files such as;
SS.DLL (not to be use but do not delete it, its a file extension)
2. Run Odin3 v1.82
3. Click on the PDA button then select and load the
DO NOT mark check the ‘Re-Partition’ checkbox, the F-Reset Time and Auto Reboot are only the ones remained to have check on it.
4. Re-boot the Galaxy Player into download mode: Turn it Off then -
press and hold the “Power key, Volume down and Home” button at the same time
5. Once the ID:COM turns in yellow color, connect the phone to PC. You will then see a message “Added” on Odin’s log-box.
6. Simply, click the “Start” button and wait until the flashing finishes. Do not touch nor interrupt the process to avoid bricking your device.
-You may then check and confirm the newly installed firmware by typing *#1234#
-Change it to your desired language.
-You might also need to reconfigure the network APN settings.
-You may then do a full factory reset *2767*3855# to regain a fresh firmware installed.
That’s it. You can still use this guide for future upgrade with other stock ROM or official firmware build for Samsung Galaxy Player .