This a list of firmware update releases for Rogers Canada carrier branded version Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500R. This tablet is much similar to Bell, Telus and the international version, but it uses a different firmware build. Already powered with Android 3.1 Honeycomb operating system, since launched by Rogers. Hopefully, according from Samsung that the Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 capable or can be upgradable to Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich, this also includes the Canada and US versions.
Platform: Android 3.1 Honeycomb Operation System
Browser: Android Browser with Adobe Flash support
Physical Specification: Weight 565 g
Dimension:(HxWxD)175.3 x 256.7 x 8.6 mm
Technology: WXGA PLS LCD Display with Corning’s® Gorilla Glass™
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Rogers Canada GT-P7500R Firmware
Firmware info: (to get your device firmware details, just type *#1234#)
Version: Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Date: 2012, August 28
Version: Android 3.2 Honeycomb
Date: 2011, November 17
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G Rogers Canada Stock ROM
The stock ROM is only useful to return your Galaxy Tab 10.1 back to original factory default firmware after modding, rooting and also been useful in fixing of soft-bricks in-case occurred. This cannot be use or flash on other Galaxy tab variants like the international version GT-P7500, Telus GT-P7500D and Bell GT-P7500M Galaxy Tabs 10.1 for it contains the default settings and bloatwares or applications for Rogers specific carrier only. Just use the stock ROM at your own risk. These stock ROM are untouched, its the original, unmodified, unrooted or whatsoever..
Stock ROM – firmware build releases:
Firmware build: P7500RUXLH2
Android Version: Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4
Firmware build: P7500RUXKK2
Android Version: Honeycomb 3.2
Guide to install or restore back Rogers original stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500R
1) Extract or “unzip” the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v3.07.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the ‘RE-PARTITION’ checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted ex. P7500RUXLH2_P7500RRWCLH2_P7500RUXLH2_HOME.tar.md5
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then ( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time). Then Press volume up to get into download mode screen.
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted ID:COM box in Odin is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
I will try to keep this list updated from to time and add more stock ROMs if there is any latest and newest firmware update that specifically built for Rogers Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500R.