Samsung Mobile confirmed on their facebook page that the Official Ice Cream Sandwich Upgrade for Rogers Samsung Galaxy S II LTE is now rolling out on Kies server.
When I read this on Samsung Canada timeline a few hours ago, I rushed through my PC just to check it on Kies and then surprise! The juicy-icy cold ICS dessert is truly coming., The firmware build number is I727RUXLF3 I727RRWCLF3 with a build date of June 2012.
Here’s the firmware info:
Android Version: 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Odin flashing using I727RUXLF3 stock ROM
This quick guide is for advance users only, who’s devices currently runs with unofficial firmware and wants to return back to official SGH-I727 default firmware, for Kies and OTA will not support such devices anymore.
Disclaimer: You may proceed at your own risk!
- back all important files.
- fully recharge the battery
- use windows OSX PC/laptop not MAC
- a USB cable for SGSIII
- grab Odin downloader
- grab USB driver
- grab Stock ROM: RWC_I727RUXLF3_I727RRWCLF3
Here’s the previous firmware build I727RUXKJ7, just in-case you might need it for reverting back – Stock ROM: RWC_I727RUXKJ7_I727RRWCKJ7
1. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded stock ROM
2. Run odin
3. Set the device in Download Mode (Volume Down+Home+Power keys – then Volume up)
4. Connect the phone to PC/laptop
5. Load the unzipped “I717RUXLF4_I717RRWCLF4_I717RUXLF4_HOME.tar.md5” file on the PDA button”
6. Ensure that the “Re-Partition” checkbox is not being tick in Odin.
7. If all things above are well set and ready – hit the “START” button
8. Wait until it finishes flashing or watch out for the word “PASS”
9. Remove the phone from PC once completely rebooted
10. Perform factory reset if encountered issues like ” bootloops, frozen or just stuck on welcome screen logo.
source: Samsung Canada