Here’s the manual procedure on how to upgrade the Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 GT-P6200 to the official Android 4.0.4 ICS (Ice cream Sandwich) firmware build number P6200XXLQ1. This firmware was initially released in Austria and not yet available for other region but if you want to upgrade now and already tired from waiting, you can do it by this simple procedures. This firmware is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 GT-P6200, even on U.S version and all European languages are also included on the packaged.
This new Ice cream sandwich installed on Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 GT-P6200 features a very smooth scrolling, much faster and smoother than in 3.2 honeycomb. The notification bar (bottom right of the screen) seems busier than it was before.
Icons changes and become bigger, with a new looks notification bar.
How to install and upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 GT-P6200 to Official Android ICS 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stock firmware, for we can’t upgrade to it yet via Kies unless we’re in Austria.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens t your device for by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
– Back up all files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
Grab the original stock ROM:
Latest firmware: P6200XXLQ1/P6200OXALQ1/P6200XXLQ1/P6200XXLQ1
Version: Android 4.0.4 ice Cream Sandwich
Released: July 2012
Odin Flasher Guide: P6200XXLQ1 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 GT-P6200
1) Extract all the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v1.85.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ ans ‘F-Rreset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted P6200XXLQ1_P6200OXALQ1_P6200XXLQ1_HOME.tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted yellow ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Then remove the phone from PC, once completely rebooted.
This is optional: If the phone just stuck on Samsung logo, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
That’s all! The Samsung Galaxy Tab now runs in Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.