As Samsung promised that they will going to return back the localized search function for Samsung Galaxy S3 which they took away from previous firmware update, now its back to this latest firmware build I9300XXBLG8. This is the most latest firmware release in the month of July 2012 from a few days release I9300XXBLG6, in keeping with legal requirements for patent infringement issues, Samsung disabled local search functions for the US update. Unfortunately, the block was also transferred to the update meant for the smartphone’s international version.
I9300XXBLG8 Android v4.0.4 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Device: Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300
Country: United Kingdom (UK-BTU)
Latest firmware: I9300XXBLG8/I9300OXABLG8/I9300XXLG8/I9300XXBLG8
Build Date: 26-07-2012
How to Install or Flash I9300XXBLG8 Stock ROM using Odin Flasher
Disclaimer: This guide is not advisable for typical users, you must only upgrade thru Kies,. This is guide is for advance users only and for those other countries who can’t upgrade from Kies or OTA if they are outside from UK.
Full detailed guide for beginners
If this is your first time heard about this method, read the step by step guide first, before you may proceed installing one of these stock ROM.
Quick Guide for advance users
Ensure that the battery is fully charge.
Make a Back up copy of all important data/files stored from the phone’s internal memory.
1. Download the specific stock ROM according to your device country origin. Then extract it.
2. Download Odin3_v3.04.
3. Download USB driver (only needed if you have not previously installed Kies on your PC/laptop).
4. Run Odin3_v3.04 on PC desktop
5. Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM
6. Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time.
7. Reboot the phone in download mode: Turn it off first, then gently press and hold the VolumeDown key+HOME+ Power buttons simultaneously
8. Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen.
9. Hit the “START’ button.
10. Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
11. Remove the phone from PC.
12. Do factory reset if necessary.
13. Reconfigure APN settings if necessary.
If you have any questions or in need of assistance and further instruction please don’t hesitate to leave a message on our comment form below.