The localized search function with Samsung Galaxy S3 that has been taken from previous firmware released, now its here as Samsung promised to bring it back with this latest firmware build I9300XXBLG8. In U.S Samsung intentionally disabled the local search function in keeping with legal requirements for patent infringement issues, the blocking was also hits over smartphone’s international version.
A day ago Samsung returns it back and firstly rolled out in UK and now followed in Germany. So, if you’re inside Germany and UK, you’re lucky for you can get the I9300XXBLG8 firmware via Kies or OTA first. But for our German friends living outside their country and always preferred using the default German official firmware build for its packed with fully German stuff, can still install it using the official stock ROM from the link below.
I9300XXBLG8_I9300DBTBLG6 Android v4.0.4 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Device: Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 (Unbranded/SIMfree/Unlocked)
Country: Germany (DBT)
Latest firmware: I9300XXBLG8/I9300DBTBLG6/I9300XXLG8/I9300XXBLG8
Build Date: 26-07-2012
Stock ROM: GT-I9300_DBT_I9300XXBLG8_I9300DBTBLG6_I9300XXLG8
How to Install or Flash I9300XXBLG8 Stock ROM using Odin Flasher
Disclaimer: This guide is not advisable for typical users, you must only upgrade thru Kies,. This is guide is for advance users only and for those other countries who can’t upgrade from Kies or OTA if they are outside from Germany.
Full detailed guide for beginners
If this is your first time heard about this method, read the step by step guide first, before you may proceed installing one of these stock ROM.
Quick Guide for advance users
Ensure that the battery is fully charge.
Make a Back up copy of all important data/files stored from the phone’s internal memory.
1. Download the specific stock ROM according to your device country origin. Then extract it.
2. Download Odin3_v3.04.
3. Download USB driver (only needed if you have not previously installed Kies on your PC/laptop).
4. Run Odin3_v3.04 on PC desktop
5. Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM
6. Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time.
7. Reboot the phone in download mode: Turn it off first, then gently press and hold the Volume Down key+HOME+ Power buttons simultaneously
8. Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen.
9. Hit the “START’ button.
10. Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
11. Remove the phone from PC.
12. Do factory reset if necessary.
13. Reconfigure APN settings if necessary.
If you have any questions or in need of assistance and further instruction please don’t hesitate to leave a message on our comment form below.