The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 already began receiving an Android 4.0.4 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) firmware upgrade. Its already released in Austria recently with firmware build P6800XXLQ1. It takes a quite long time before this update came in after from the last released P6800XXLA4 way back from January. But unfortunately, this update is initially available for Austrian Galaxy Tab users for now, other countries may still wait for a while until its reaches to their country soon.
But if you’re an advance Galaxy tab user and already quite familiar installing stock firmware and knows some tweaking your tablets like rooting and or installing custom ROM, you can upgrade now using the original stock P6800XXLQ1 firmware without spending more time waiting for it to appear on Kies in your area. The default language settings is set with Austrian language but you can change it according to your own language.
All other languages are also included in the packaged. This stock ROM is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 with product code GT-P6800 since its all the same, already tested and works on Europe versions. Just refer to our full detailed guide below on how to upgrade.
Here’s The Input languages:
- Deutsch (Deutschland)
- Deutsch (Osterreich)
- Deutsch (Schweiz)
- English (Australia)
- English (New Zealand)
- English (United Kingdom)
- English (United States)
- Espanol (Spania)
- Espanol (Estados Unidos)
- Francais (Belgique)
- Francais (France)
- Nederlands (Belgie)
- Nederlands (Nederland)
- Norsk bokmal
- Portugues (Brasil)
- Portugues (Portugal)
What’s the new features on ICS 4.0.4 P6800XXLQ1?
If you upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 it features a very smooth scrolling, much faster and smoother than in 3.2 honeycomb. There are major changes happens like the looks and apps you are going to discover.
How to install and upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to Official Android ICS 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich P6800XXLQ1
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stock firmware, for we can’t upgrade to it yet via Kies unless we’re in Austria. This procedure is for advance users only, typical users may only wait for it and upgrade only thru Kies or via OTA.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
- Remember the APN settings of your device.
- Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
For advance users, you must have your Galaxy Tab runs with stock 3.2 Honeycomb. If you currently runs with custom ROM, just install official stock first for smooth flashing with Odin and avoid any issue.
Grab the original stock ROM:
Firmware build: P6800XXLQ1
Latest firmware: P6800XXLQ1/P6800OXALQ1/P6800XXLPW/P6800XXLQ1
Version: Android 4.0.4 ice Cream Sandwich
Released: July 2012
Original Stock ROM: GT-P6800_ICS_4.0.4_ATO_P6800XXLQ1_P6800OXALQ1_P6800XXLPW
Odin Flasher Guide: P6800XXLQ1 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800
1) Extract the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v1.85.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted P6800XXLQ1_P6800OXALQ1_P6800XXLPW_HOME.tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted yellow ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
You may then need to change the language settings or re-configure the APN settings if encountered WiFi connection issues.
That’s all! your Samsung Galaxy Tab Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 now runs in Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich without waiting in Kies.