U.S.A. version of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi GT-P7510 finally get its official Android 4.0.4 ICS aka Ice Cream Sandwich firmware upgrade. The firmware build number we just recently spotted from Kies is P7510UELPL or IMM76D.UELPL with a build date of August 8 2012. This is an update from previous build P7510UEKMP, P7510UEKMM and P7510UEKME Android 3.2 Honeycomb versions.
Samsung has began rolling out the official ICS 4.0.4 in UK a few days ago. Other Galaxy tablets like the GT-6200 Galaxy Tab 7.0 and GT-6210 WiFi, GT-P6810 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI, GT-P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI + 3G, GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI + 3G variants already receives in selected countries – in UK, Italy and Austria.
This firmware build is already available in Kies and OTA, since we gathered this info from Samsung Kies data. So, you may just check it out via Kies and OTA (over the air) and get your Galaxy Tab being fully updated.
For advance users, devs and hobbiest that already done some tweaking your device firmware you can upgrade your Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi GT-P7510 manually, by using the original stock ROM ICS 4.0.4 P7510UELPL. We have managed to pulled out the original stock firmware earlier for some test procedures. This may helpful if you want to return back your Gtab to its original factory stock firmware, if you’ve previously installed any unofficial ROM.
What’s the new features on ICS 4.0.4 P7510UELPL?
If you upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi GT-P7510 it features a very smooth scrolling, much faster and smoother than in 3.2 honeycomb. There are major changes happens like the looks and apps that you’re going to discover.
Baseband build: P7510UELPL
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi GT-P7510
Product Code: GT-P7510UWCXAB
Country: United States of America (USA)
Latest firmware: P7510UELPL/P7510XABLPL/P7510UELPL/P7510UELPL
Version: Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Build/released: 8/8/2012 10:54:47 AM
How to install and upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab WiFi 10.1 GT-P7510 to Official Android ICS 4.0.4 P7510UELPL Ice Cream Sandwich
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stock firmware, for we can’t upgrade on kies or OTA anymore after installing unofficial firmware on our devices previously.
Note: This procedure is for advance users only, typical users may only upgrade only thru Kies or via OTA and may not use this method.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
- Remember the APN settings of your device.
- Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
Grab the original stock ROM:
This stock ROM is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi with product code GT-P7510 since its all the same, already tested and works on all international versions, U.S and Europe.
Odin Flasher Guide: P7510UELPL Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi Only GT-P7510
1) Extract the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
4) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
5) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
6) Click the PDA button then load the extracted P7510UELPL_P7510XABLPL_P7510UELPL_HOME.tar.md5 file.
Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
You may then need to change the language settings or re-configure the APN settings if encountered WiFi connection issues.
That’s all! your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi GT-P7510 now runs in Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.