T-Mobile U.S recently released its first official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (not Jelly bean 4.1.1) for Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999. The firmware build number is T999UVALH2, an update from previous build T999UVALEM. This is an incremental software update that brings an additional feature such as the status bar brightness slider.
So far, this update is only available for T-Mobile users only in the U.S, Canadian users with the Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999V under Mobilicity, Wind and Videotron may still keep to wait for a while. In the U.S, the first Galaxy S3 got with an early update is AT&T’s SGH-I747 .
In addition, Verizon and Sprint seems left behind and also likely all Galaxy S III variants in Canada no signs of any update yet for now also.
T999UVALH2 ICS 4.0.4 T-Mobile U.S. Galaxy S III SGH-T999
Here’s the firmware info
Device: Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999
Country: United States
Latest firmware: T999UVALH2/T999TMBALH2/T999UVLH2/T999UVALH2
Version: Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Build/Released: 8/3/2012 8:40:31 AM
The firmware build T999UVALH2 is already rolled out via OTA (over the air) and we have also spotted it on Kies since we gathered this info from Samsung Kies data. So, you may just check it out and get your device fully updated. Only those devices currently runs with official firmware can grab this update. For those who already installed unofficial ROM you may manually upgrade using the original stock ROM T999UVALH2.
For advance users, devs and hobbiest that already done some tweaking your device firmware you can upgrade your Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi GT-P7510 manually, by using the original stock ROM ICS 4.0.4 P7510UELPL. We have managed to pulled out the original stock firmware earlier for some test procedures. This may helpful if you want to return back your Gtab to its original factory stock firmware, if you’ve previously installed any unofficial ROM.
How to install and upgrade SGH-T999 Galaxy S III T-Mobile to Official Android ICS 4.0.4 T999UVALH2 Ice Cream Sandwich
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stock firmware, for we can’t upgrade on kies or OTA anymore after installing unofficial firmware on our devices previously.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.This procedure is for advance users only, typical users may only upgrade only thru Kies or via OTA and may not use this method.
– Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– If your device currently runs with any custom ROM, you may ask any assistance first from your ROM developer on how to safely return back to official stock to get rid of any issues.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
Note: This stock ROM should only be used on Samsung SGH-T999 Galaxy S III T-Mobile. It May and May Not compatible with other variants . To avoid any undesired outcomes don’t try to use it on the following Galaxy S3 variants:
International Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 (unbranded and carrier branded)
USA (AT&T) Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
USA (Sprint) Samsung Galaxy S III SPH-L710
USA (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I535
Canada (Telus) Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747M
Canada (SaskTel) Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747M
Canada (Rogers) Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747M
Canada (Bell) Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747M
Canada Videotron Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999V
Canada Mobilicity Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999V
Australia (Telstra) Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300T
Australia (Vodafone) Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300T
New Zealand (XT Mobile) Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300T
Japan (NTT Docomo) Samsung Galaxy S III SC-O6D
Odin Flasher Guide: T999UVALH2 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T-999
1) “Extract” or “unzip” the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v3.07.exe
3) In Odin – DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left checked.
4) Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You’ll then need to press the Volume Up to continue. You’ll be prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press “volume up” if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
5) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect the PC USB cable To Phone. The highlighted ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
6) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
7) Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
That’s all! your Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999 now fully upgraded to the latest Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.