The Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100G already has its official Android 4.0.4 ICS Ice Cream Sandwich firmware upgrade released in Germany. The firmware build number is I9100GXXLPY, its now packed in Android 4.0.4 ICS, an update from previous Gingerbread build version I9100GXXLB1. This firmware I9100GXXLPY is now the most latest update released this month for Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G among the rest. But unfortunately, its has been only available in Germany. Some of Ice Cream Sandwich new features like Face unlock and Photo editor.
Samsung already began rolling out the official ICS 4.0.4 for Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G user in some countries in Asia and Middle East, but its packed in ICS 4.0.3, except for China which also received a much higher version – 4.0.4 ICS. Check out our list of firmware updates for other countries status.
Here’s the firmware info:
Device: Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100G (unbranded)
Latest firmware: I9100GXXLPY/I9100GDBTLP3/I9100GXXLPV/I9100GXXLPY
Version: Android 4.0.4 Ice cream Sandwich
Kernel version: 3.0.8 se.infra@SEP-103 #2 SMP PREEMPT
Released: July 24, 2012 4:38:16 PM
The I9100GXXLPY ICS 4.0.4 firmware build is already rolled out via Kies and again this update is only available if your in Germany. But for our German friends who’s now outside Germany and still got the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G in hand and wants to upgrade their devices or install the default Germany firmware, can also be able to upgrade using the original I9100GXXLPY stock ROM.
How to install I9100GXXLPY stock firmware and upgrade Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G to Android ICS 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stock firmware, for we can’t upgrade on kies or OTA anymore after installing unofficial firmware on our devices previously.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.This procedure is for advance users only, typical users may only upgrade only thru Kies or via OTA and may not use this method.
– Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– If your device currently runs with any custom ROM, you may ask any assistance first from your ROM developer on how to safely return back to official stock to get rid of any issues.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
Grab the original stock ROM:
Note: This stock ROM should only be used on Samsung GT-I9100G Galaxy S II. It is Not compatible with other variants . To avoid any undesired outcomes don’t try to use it on the International Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 (unbranded and carrier branded) variants.
Odin Flasher Guide: I9100GXXLPY Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100G
1) “Extract” or “unzip” the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v3.07.exe
3) In Odin – DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left checked.
4) Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Download Mode buttons Volume Down,HOME,Power keys
You’ll then need to press the Volume Up to continue. You’ll be prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press “volume up” if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
5) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect the PC USB cable To Phone. The highlighted ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
6) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
7) Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
That’s all! your Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100G now fully upgraded to the latest Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.