If you want to install or revert back the original ICS 4.0.4 T999UVALH2 stock firmware of your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 after installing any leaked android 4.1.1Jelly Bean here’s the guide.
Maybe some of you has been complaining about some issues encountered after installing the leak version 4.1.1 Jellybean recently. Some issues like bugs,lags and quite a few hiccups where it would vibrate, then freeze, is so normal for leaked version are just leaked version, meaning - its not official released by Samsung, so expect undesired outcomes. Its a beta released or under lab test and used by advance users, just to get a sneak peak of what’s new and how the next update may look like. Then, if we found that this particular leaked ROM was unstable we just simply revert back to original Stock firmware that was officially provided by Samsung.
So, if you already decided to return back to the official T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 here’s the step by step guide. And once and for all, to avoid any future issues, DO NOT install any leaked ROM if you’re not truly understand of where and what it is used for. Just stay on original stock firmware and then only upgrade to the official releases.
In addition, please don’t blame to that person in forum exposing the leaked, because its been very useful for us (advance users) and mostly for devs to come up with a more awesome custom ROM.
Update: (Warning!) This procedure should not be used if your device already updated to official 4.3, the 4.3 update has a secured bootloader. You cannot downgrade back to the old firmware for it might result into soft-bricks. This post was meant only for those who are running a leaked 4.1.1 firmware before. This post is way too old and has been posted before the official 4.1.1, 4.1.2 and 4.3 update came around.
Heres how to install back Official Android ICS 4.0.4 T999UVALH2 Ice Cream Sandwich on your SGH-T999 Galaxy S III T-Mobile.
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stock firmware, for we can’t upgrade on kies or OTA anymore after installing unofficial firmware on our devices previously.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.This procedure is for advance users only, typical users may only upgrade only thru Kies or via OTA and may not use this method.
- Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
- If your device currently runs with any custom ROM, you may ask any assistance first from your ROM developer on how to safely return back to official stock to get rid of any issues.
- Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
Grab the original stock ROM:
Odin Flasher Guide: T999UVALH2 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T-999
1) “Extract” or “unzip” the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v3.07.exe
3) In Odin - DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left checked.
4) Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You’ll then need to press the Volume Up to continue. You’ll be prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press “volume up” if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
5) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect the PC USB cable To Phone. The highlighted ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
6) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
7) Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
That’s all! your Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999 now fully restored to the original Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.