Rogers Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-p7500R already received its official ICS 4.0.4 upgrade recently. This also along with other Canadian carriers like Bell and Telus. The official ICS 4.0.4 firmware build number is P7500RUXLH2 an upgrade from previous Honeycomb version P7500RUXKK2.
The stock ROM below is the original, unmodified and unrooted version and can only be used by those advance users who can’t upgrade anymore via Kies or OTA (over the air) for some reasons that their tablets currently runs with custom build ROM, rooted or modified ROM. So, the only option if ever wanted to return back the Galaxy Tab 10.1 to Rogers firmware or wanted to install back the official ICS 4.0.4 provided by Samsung and Rogers.
Once again this guide is NOT for typical users, you may ONLY Upgrade via KIES or OTA (if both are available). This method is a risky if you are not sure what this is all about. This method is for those advance users who got these message:
“Your device does not support software upgrading via Kies”
That is because their devices runs with unofficial firmware and then Kies ignores it for it only supports with the official firmware whilst updating.
How to install and upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500R to Official P7500RUXLH2 Android ICS 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. You may proceed at your own risk!
- Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to
have a back up all of it for safety.
- Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
- For those who currently runs with a custom ROM, you may ask your ROM developer on how to safely return back to stock. Some advance users return back the device to official HC P7500RUXKK2 stock firmware first, before directly installing this stock ROM, to get rid of issues like bootloops, display flickering and battery fast draining problem. Although this reports happens from other regions build (GT-P7500) but ensure that the original kernel is already installed on your phone’s system. Then you may need to perform wipe data/factory reset to clear the device memory cache before flashing.
Grab the original stock ROM:
Rogers Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500R – ICS 4.0.4 Upgrade P7500RUXLH2
Latest firmware: P7500RUXLH2/P7500RRWCLH2/P7500RUXLH2/P7500RUXLH2
Version: Android 4.0.4 ICS – Ice Cream Sandwich
Build/released: 8/8/2012 10:31:55 AM
Odin Flasher Guide: P7500RUXLH2 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500R
1) Extract or “unzip” the downloaded P7500RUXLH2 stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v3.07.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the ‘RE-PARTITION’ checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted P7500RUXLH2_P7500RRWCLH2_P7500RUXLH2_HOME.tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then ( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted ID:COM box in Odin is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
That’s all! Just let us know how it works.