Here’s the original stock ROM from T-Mobile’s latest Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich released for Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-T879. This is for those who can’t upgrade anymore via Kies/or OTA for their device s currently runs with unofficial firmware. Also useful if you want to revert back your Galaxy Note to fully official factory firmware without root and modified stock recovery image.
Here’s the T879UVLG3 Firmware info:
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-T879
Country: United States
Product Code: TMB
Latest firmware: T879UVLG3/T879TMBLG3/T879UVLG3/T879UVLG3
Version: Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Build/released: 8/14/2012 8:29:21 PM
This stock ROM can be flash only through ODIN. It will not increase the flash counter since its official firmware released by Samsung. This is unrooted, unmodified stock ROM and this is likely or the same firmware released from OTA.
How to manually install T879UVLG3 ICS 4.0.4 Stock ROM Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-T879
– Back-up all important data stored from the device
– Make sure the battery is fully charge
– Use PC runs with Windows OS and good USB serial port
– If your device currently runs with unofficial firmware or otherwise rooted, you should first revert the device back to its original system image and recovery image from previous UVLF5 to avoid any flashing failures. Or ask any assistance from your ROM developer on how to safety return back your device back to official stock firmware.
1) -Extract the downloaded stock Firmware
2) Run Odin on PC
3) Click on the PDA button, then load the HOME_T879UVLG3_CL1162684_REV02_user_mid_ship.tar.md5
4) The “Re-partition” checkbox SHOULD NOT be checked
5) Reboot the Galaxy Note in Download Mode: Turn it off > (Press Volume Down+Home+Power button) then Press Volume Up when the Warning message appear
6) Connect the phone to PC, using the supplied USB cable
7) Hit “START” button to begin flashing
8) Wait until the flashing finishes (DO NOT ever interrupt the process once already started)
Make factory reset after completely rebooted if ever encountered bootloops