Another Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 GT-P6200 official Android 4.0.4 ICS (Ice cream Sandwich) firmware update build number P6200XXLQ2 recently released by Samsung, again only in Austria. This is the second time Austria Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 users gets an update this year from initial released P6200XXLQ1. Other countries like UK which is still on “honeycomb P6200XXKL7″ and no signs of any latest official ICS 4.0.4 update yet.
This firmware was only released in Austria and not yet available for other region but if you want to upgrade now and already tired from waiting, you can do it by this simple procedures. This firmware is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 GT-P6200, all European languages are also included on the packaged.
How to install and upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 GT-P6200 to Official Android ICS 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware P6200XXLQ2
Note: This procedure are for Advance users only who already has experienced their tablets firmware like installing custom roms and rooting. Typical users may only wait and update on kies and DO NOT try this method if you don’t really understand what is this all about.
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stock firmware, for we can’t upgrade to it yet via Kies unless we’re in Austria.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens t your device for by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
– Back up all files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
Grab the original stock ROM:
Latest firmware: P6200XXLQ2/P6200OXALQ2/P6200XXLQ1/P6200XXLQ2
Version: Android 4.0.4 ice Cream Sandwich
Released: September 2012
Austria 4.0.4– GT-P6200_ATO_P6200XXLQ2_P6200OXALQ1_P6200XXLQ2.zip (removed)
Austria 4.1.2 – GT-P6200_ATO_P6200XXMC3_P6200OXAMC3_P6200XXMC3.zip (updated)
Hungary – GT-P6200_XEH_P6200XXLQA_P6200OXALQ3.zip
Greece – GT-P6200_EUR_P6200XXLQA_P6200OXALQ3.zip
Slovakia – GT-P6200_XSK_P6200XXLQA_P6200OXXLQ3.zip
Odin Flasher Guide: P6200XXLQ2 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 GT-P6200
1) Extract all the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v3.07.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ ans ‘F-Rreset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted P6200XXLQ2_P6200OXALQ2_P6200XXLQ1_HOME.tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted yellow ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
For advance users in Europe, you can change the default CSC code which is ATO to your default country CSC code, this firmware has a multi-CSC file included on it.
*#272*IMEI# then change the CSC code
do *#06# to get your IMEI. Take a note of it.
then do *#272*IMEI#
That’s all! The Samsung Galaxy Tab now runs in Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.