Here’s how to manually upgrade the Samsung Galaxy S3 to official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean I9300XXDLIB firmware update build. The XXDLIB is the first official Jelly bean update for Galaxy S3 rolled out in Poland and all other regions will also getting it soon thru Kies or via OTA (over the air). This update will make your Galaxy S3 a lot more faster and smoother since there are major changes will be applied from previous build Ice Cream Sandwich or ICS.
Update: Most latest build I9300XXDLJ4, released across Europe regions. So check it out.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 (International)
Version: Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (official)
Build Date: 21-09-2012
How to Install I9300XXDLIB Android 4.1.1 Latest Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3
Warning: This is the first Jelly bean update, a major changes will take effect on our devices. Some configuration that works from previous build ICS may not work on this Jelly bean update. This is the first released and please apply precaution.
This is the procedure on how to manually upgrade the Samsung Galaxy S3 to official Android 4.1.1 Jelly bean I9300XXDLIB. This method is by using Odin, since we can’t get this update thru Kies for we are outside Poland. This firmware is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy S3 variants with model number GT-I9300 only (International version) and cannot be used on U.S and Canada Galaxy S3 variants like SGH I747/M, SCH-I535, SGH-T999/V and SPH-L710 and so on.
I9300XXDLIB CSC file included:
ALB, BGL, CM, COA, CYO, CYV, ERO, EUR, MSR, ORL, ORS, SEB, SEE, TMT, TOP, TRA, TSR, TWO, VIM, VVT, XEH, XEO, XEZ, XSK
Optional CSC changes: You can change it accordingly if you have those default CSC file currently in your device. To those who doesn’t know about CSC files, this means this is very much likely compatible to these Galaxy S3 variants released in the following European countries below but also works on all GT-I93000 models.
SEB – Baltic States Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania
Caucasian states Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Others: Just check your phone’s CSC Codes
Disclaimer: Proceed and use this method solely at your own risk!
FAQ about flashing Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300) I9300XXDLIB stock ROM:
Q: Did it increase the flash counter of the phone?
A: No, flashing original stock firmware will not trip your phone’s flash counter, it only increases when you install any custom ROM, unofficial or leaked firmware.
Q: My phone is already rooted, does it remove root?
A: Yes, once you flash official firmware it will return to its original factory default settings, you will lose root and you need to root again.
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a sync and backup all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
-Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.
Install I9300XXDLIB Official Jelly Bean Odin Flashing Procedure for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
1) Extract or unzip the downloaded I9300XXDLI8 firmware or stock ROM so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar.
SS_DL.dll (this cannot be used but do not delete, it’s the firmware extension driver file)
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Load the binary file. Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM
4. Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time.
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
6. Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen.
7. Hit the “START’ button.
You may then confirm the newly installed Jelly Bean from your device:
About>Settings> Firmware info or type *#1234# and see if it’s already I9300XXDLIB Jelly Bean build.