Here’s how to install an Android 4.0.4 Ice cream Sandwich for Samsung Galaxy R GT-I9103. The official Ice Cream Sandwich firmware update for Galaxy R was already released in Nordic Countries – Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, and Norway. So far, Samsung released it in just selected countries only, while other countries may still wait before it appears on Kies in in specific areas.
If you already frustrated and and tired of it on waiting you can upgrade it right now, using the Sweden’s original firmware that was being pulled from Kies. I already posted this a few weeks ago, but still some users keep asking how to get Ice Cream Sandwich for their Galaxy R. Since, as I am only a man and also gettin’ tired replying, so read this.
I9103XXLQ9 Samsung Galaxy R Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware
The firmware build is I9103XXLQ9 with I9103XXLQ3 MODEM version. There are some bugs reported on this build its still worth upgrading for it adds up more features and major changes to your Galaxy R devices.
Build date: 8/20/2012 6:37:25 PM
This firmware is compatible with Samsung Galaxy R GT-I9103 only.
Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk, we shall not be responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide.
How to install I9103XXLQ9: Upgrade Samsung Galaxy R to Ice Cream Sandwich
– Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– If your device currently runs with any custom ROM, you may ask any assistance first from your ROM developer on how to safely return back to official stock to get rid of any issues.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
– Remember the APN settings of your phone .
Grab the original stock ROM I9103XXLQ9:
Odin Flasher Guide: I9103XXLQ9 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy R GT-I9103
1) “Extract” or “unzip” the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v3.07.exe or Odin3_v1.85 on your PC desktop
3) In Odin – DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left checked.
4) Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You’ll then need to press the Volume Up to continue. You’ll be prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press “volume up” if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
5) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect the PC USB cable To Phone. The highlighted ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
6) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
7) Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”. Then the once the phone completely reboots.
Optional: Perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation and get rid of bootloops and lag issues.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
Any more questions, related issues with this ICS update, bugs etc, leave it on the comment form below.