Samsung Galaxy R GT-I9103 latest firmware build I9103XWLP2 release in Poland and Austria via Kies software update. This firmware update brings an Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade to Galaxy R devices which is awaited by its users in some countries who still currently runs in 2.3.6 Gingerbread. The Ice Cream Sandwich featured some apps that never experience on Gingerbread like the added face unlock and photo editor. The looks and navigational style is way different from Gingerbread OS.
I9103XWLP2 Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware Update Samsung Galaxy R GT-I9103 build info
This build were initially released in Austria and Poland, but other countries like in Nordic countries – I9103XXLQ9 and other European regions already received its ICS update.
Product Code: GT-I9103MAAXEO
Latest firmware: I9103XWLP2/I9103OXXLP2/I9103XXLQ3/I9103XWLP2
PDA:I9103XWLP2 CSC:I9103OXXLP2 MODEM: I9103XXLQ3
build/release date: 9/4/2012 3:07:54 PM
Product Code: GT-I9103MAAATO
Latest firmware: I9103XWLP2/I9103ATOLP2/I9103XXLQ3/I9103XWLP2
PDA:I9103XWLP2 CSC:I9103ATOLP2 MODEM: I9103XXLQ3
build/release date: 9/4/2012 5:23:09 PM
How to Install Ice Cream Sandwich I9103XWLP2 on Galaxy R
Other European countries may use this firmware by manually installing this update, if you are already frustrated on waiting the official ice Cream Sandwich to be released in your region. This is also packed with all European languages as well. This firmware is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy R GT-I9103 since its all the same but only runs with different firmware build numbers.
- Deutsch (Deutschland)
- Deutsch (Osterreich)
- Deutsch (Schweiz)
- English (Australia)
- English (New Zealand)
- English (United Kingdom)
- English (United States)
- Espanol (Spania)
- Espanol (Estados Unidos)
- Francais (Belgique)
- Francais (France)
- Nederlands (Belgie)
- Nederlands (Nederland)
- Norsk bokmal
- Portugues (Brasil)
- Portugues (Portugal)
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.This procedure is for advance users only, typical users may only upgrade only thru Kies or via OTA and may not use this method.
– Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– If your device currently runs with any custom ROM, you may ask any assistance first from your ROM developer on how to safely return back to official stock to get rid of any issues.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
– Remember or make a note of the APN settings of your phone.
Grab one of these original I9103XWLP2 stock ROM. Both has a multi CSC files but I prepared Poland firmware if you came from other countries.
Odin Flasher Guide: I9103XWLP2 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy R GT-I9103
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stock firmware, for we can’t upgrade on it yet via kies or OTA or if your Galaxy R was installed with unofficial firmware previously.
1) “Extract” or “unzip” the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v3.07.exe or Odin3_v1.85 on your PC desktop
3) In Odin – DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left checked.
4) Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You’ll then need to press the Volume Up to continue. You’ll be prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press “volume up” if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
5) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect the PC USB cable To Phone. A highlighted ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
6) Click the “Start” button to begin flashing.
7) Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Fixes for some issues after installing: (this is rarely happens but it can e easily fix)
If the phone just stuck on Samsung Logo and or just keeps on rebooting, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
- Select wipe cache
- Select wipe data/factory reset
- Select reboot system now
Change the default language settings to your prepared localities.
Reconfigure APN settings to get rid of data connection problem.
We welcome any questions about upgrading Samsung Galaxy R GT-I9103 to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich., just drop it our comment form below. CIAO!