Here’s the original Stock ROM for all Canadian version of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317M. These stock ROMS are all original, unmodified and untouched factory stock images. These are useful in-case you need to restore back your Galaxy Note 2 to its original firmware settings. This will be used to unroot your rooted devices, revert back to official firmware from unofficial ROMs and any changes.
If you are an advance user who loves to modify your device, you should have this original stock image as your back-up copy. This stock ROM may save your device if you mess-up from any modification and end-up into bricks.
I317MVLALJ2 Android 4.1.1 Jelly bean Stock ROM
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317M
Operators: Rogers, Bell, Telus, Sasktel and Virgin Mobile
Note: This stock ROM are built for and can be used on Canadian Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317M only. Do not ever try to install this on International variant of Galaxy Note 2 or your device may ended up any undesired outcomes.
Use of this stock ROM is solely at your own risk!
Rogers – 4.1.1 Jelly Bean RWC_I317MVLALJ2_I317MOYAALJ2_I317MVLALJ2 Download
Bell – 4.1.1 Jelly Bean BMC_I317MVLALJ2_I317MOYAALJ2_I317MVLALJ2 Download
Telus – 4.1.1 Jelly Bean TLS_I317MVLALJ2_I317MOYAALJ2_I317MVLALJ2 Download
Sasktel – 4.1.1 Jelly Bean BWA_I317MVLALJ2_I317MOYAALJ2_I317MVLALJ2 Download
Virgin mobile – 4.1.1 Jelly Bean VMC_I317MVLALJ2_I317MOYAALJ2_I317MVLALJ2 Download
Latest Update: I317MVLBMA3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Kies/OTA update
Virgin - I317MVLBMA3_I317MOYABMA3_VMC.zip
Bell - I317MVLBMA3_I317MOYABMA3_BMC.zip
Sasktel - I317MVLBMA3_I317MOYABMA3_BWA.zip
Telus - I317MVLBMA3_I317MOYABMA3_TLS.zip
Rogers - I317MVLBMA3_I317MOYABMA3_RWC.zip
How to Install or flash the stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317M
Before you flash the stock ROM, you should always back-up all your important data stored from your device then saved it into your computer. Make sure that the battery is fully charge. Use a good USB cable built for Galaxy Note 2. A personal computer runs with Windows operating system, for a Odin program that used to flash stock ROM will only run on such OS and will not work on MAC and any other OSX.
Grab the following:
Odin Flasher Tool: Odin3_v3.07 Download
USB Driver: Download
1. Install the driver
2. Extract or “unzip” the download firmware in a separate folder on your computer.
3. Run and configure Odin. Do not check the “Re-Partition” checkbox. Leave marked checked on “”Auto-Reboot and “F-Reset Time”.
4. Boot the Galaxy Note 2 into “Download Mode”
- Turn it Off
- Press and hold (Volume Down, Home and Power) button at the same time.
- Press Volume Up to continue..
5. Connect the Galaxy Note2 to computer, once it display the downloading screen.
6. Load the tar file on Odin’s PDA button.
- click on PDA button then locate and select the extracted .tar.md5 file.
7. Hit the “Start” button to begin flashing.
8. Wait until it finishes and Odin displays a word “PASS!”.
9. Once the device reboots, unplug it from PC connection.
Fixing Possible Errors and Failures.
Set up connection failed
All threads completed (success 0/failed 1)
This is cause by a bad USB connection. Try to reconnect or use other USB cable, check everything – PC USB serial ports.
Stuck at welcome screen or logo
This can be easily fix by factory reset.
- press and hold (Volume Up, Home and Power) button
- navigate down and choose “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” using the volume keys.
- Use Power or Home button to enter choice.
- then select “Reboot System Now”.
Any further questions and help, you may drop it on our comment form.