Here’s the the original factory stock firmware for United States version of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317
provided by AT&T. This stock ROM is the official build, it is unmodified, rooted and etc. This can be useful if you want to restore your device back to official firmware from any modification like rooting and custom ROM. Stock ROM were also very useful for fixing bricked problem when you messed-up from any customization attempt. If you are an advance user and occasionally loves to tweak your device, you should have a back-up copy of the original ROM, this will help you out in-case you wanted to revert back to factory default settings.
Software build I317UCALJ2 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317
Country: United States of America
Disclaimer: Using this guide and flashing of stock firmware is solely at your own risk!
Note: This stock ROM are built for and can be use on U.S version of Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 (AT&T) only. Do not ever try to install this on International variant of Galaxy Note 2 or your device may ended up any undesired outcomes. Use of this stock ROM is solely at your own risk!
How to Install or flash the stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317
Before you flash the stock ROM, you should always back-up all your important data stored from your device then saved it into your computer. Make sure that the battery is fully charge. Use a good USB cable built for Galaxy Note 2. A personal computer runs with Windows operating system, for a Odin program that used to flash stock ROM will only run on such OS and will not work on MAC and any other OSX.
1. Install the driver
2. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware in a separate folder of your computer.
3. Run and configure Odin. Do not check the “Re-Partition” checkbox. Leave marked checked on “”Auto-Reboot and “F-Reset Time”.
4. Boot the Galaxy Note 2 into “Download Mode”
- Turn it Off
- Press and hold (Volume Down, Home and Power) button at the same time.
- Press Volume Up to continue..
5. Connect the Galaxy Note2 to computer, once it display the downloading screen.
6. Load the tar file on Odin’s PDA button.
- click on PDA button then locate and select the extracted .tar.md5 file.
7. Hit the “Start” button to begin flashing.
8. Wait until it finishes and Odin displays a word “PASS!”.
9. Once the device reboots, unplug it from PC connection.
Fixing Possible Errors and Failures during Flashing
Set up connection failed
All threads completed (success 0/failed 1)
This is caused by a bad USB connection. Try to reconnect or use other USB cable, check everything – PC USB serial ports.
Stuck at welcome screen or logo
This can be easily fix by factory reset.
- press and hold (Volume Up, Home and Power) button
- navigate down and choose “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” using the volume keys.
- Use Power or Home button to enter choice.
- then select “Reboot System Now”.
Any further questions and help, you may drop it on our comment form.