Canadian Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M Rogers, Bell, Telus, Sasktel and Virgin earlier receives the Android 4.1.1 OS Jelly bean software update. The new Jelly bean build is I747MVLDLK4, this an official full update from ICS 4.0.4 I747MVLALH1.This was officially announced by Samsung Canada team last week but some users already received the said jelly bean update earlier from December 2nd. This update is now available via OTA Just check it out your device Menu >> Settings >> About phone >> System software updates >> Check now.
Update Build: I747MVLDLK4 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-I747M
Providers: Bell, Rogers, Telus, Sasktel, Virgin
Latest firmware: I747MVLDLK4/I747MOYCDLK4/I747MVLDLK4/I747MVLDLK4
- Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- Wi-Fi calling improvements
- Camera enhancements
- Keyboard improvements
Check for updates
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch About device.
- Touch Software update.
- If you are not connected to Wi-Fi, you will receive a prompt to connect.
- If Wi-Fi is not available, tap on OK.
- If the update is not available, you will receive the message The device is up to date.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates to Android version 4.1.1 / Baseband version I747MVLDLK4.
- You will receive a notification message when the update is available for you.
- From the message Notification Screen, touch Download.
- Touch Install Now.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates to Android version 4.1.1/ Baseband version I747MVLDLK4.
I747MVLDLK4 original Stock ROM
For advance users and developers used, for they can’t get this updates if their devices now runs with rooted or unofficial firmware.
- Download and unzipped the specific stock ROM for your device.
Bell – BMC_I747MVLDLK4_I747MOYCDLK4
Telus – TLS_I747MVLDLK4_I747MOYBDLK4
Rogers – RWC_I747MVLDLK4_I747MOYADLK4
Sasktel – BWA_I747MVLALH1_I747MOYCALH1
- Install the USB driver
- Unzipped and Run Odin. Make sure the “Repartition” option is not checked.
- Click on the PDA button then select and load the .tar.md5 file.
An example for Rogers: KIES_HOME_I747MVLDLK4_I747MOYADLK4_538866_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Boot the device onto Download Mode (Turn it OFF, then Press and hold Volume Down+Home+Power button) at the same time. Press Volume Up button to continue onto Download mode screen.
- Connect the device to computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Hit Odin’s “Start” button.
- Wait until it finishes flashing as it confirms with a word “PASS”.
Thanks to Mobile syrup.