Users of LG Optimus 2X P990 who still waiting for an Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 for your devices, you can update now! The official Android ICS with firmware build V30A is now initially rolled out in Europe regions. This long-awaited Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade been announced long way back last December 2011 that is going to release from second quarter of 2012, but now came ended on Q4 this year. We don’t know how it came up with too much delayed, but here comes the update,. And so the ICS saga now happens finally ends . Again, this update is already available to European users of LG P990 2X via OTA (Over the air). Other countries may still wait for a while until the push will finally reaches in your areas.
How to Update Manually?
Some advance users who already managed to upgrade using the stock V30A ROM and manually flash using the SmartFlasher tool.
A quick installation procedure:
Proceed at your own risk! this work for us and might not work to yours.
- Make sure to make a back-up copy of important files stored from your device.
- Re-charge the battery at least 60%.
1) Download and extract or unzipped the V30A stock ROM, you will the get the “AP.bin” and “CP.fls” files.
2) Run Smartflasher tool
3) Turn device off, remove battery, plug device in while holding volume down – you should see a software update message on screen and the COM port should be filled automatically in the flash application below after installing the drivers if required.
4) Select the ‘ROM Copy D/L’ tab
5) Ensure ‘Normal Mode’ is selected
6) Ensure ‘Erase CAL’ is NOT selected
“–Click the browse button next to ‘CP Bin:’ and select the baseband (FLS) file–”
“–Click the browse button next to ‘AP Bin:’ and select the firmware (BIN) file–”
7) Click ‘Start’ and wait for the flash to complete