United States version of Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE SGH-I957 under AT&T carrier will now starts receiving its official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich software update. The Canadian variant already has it a month earlier and we expect U.S will follow too, but despite of long delayed here it comes in December. We spotted the firmware build number as I957UCKL4 and is now loaded in Kies server. We aren’t sure if this will gonna be push via OTA (over the air) too. So, just check it out both via Kies or from your tablets software update settings.
Software Update: Build I957UCLK4 Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Android Version: ICS 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
How to update my Samsug Galaxy Tab SGH-I957 to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich?
Get the latest Samsung Kies, install and run it onto your computer and follow the on-screen instructions.
Install I957UCLK4 Original Stock ROM
For advance users use, those who runs with rooted or modified firmware and wanted to restore back their Galaxy Tab SGH-I597 to original stock firmware.
This is a quick guide for advance users only:
Be aware that I never tried out this stock ROM, I do not have such I957 8.9 Tab. You already knew the flashing drill. Just proceed with precautions.
- Make sure the tablet’s battery is fully charge
- Back all files (nandroid backup)
- Use Windows OS PC/laptop, MAC will not work.
- Prepare a good USB cable
- Install Samsung USB Driver
- Grab Odin downloader tool
- Stock ROM I957UCLK4 SGH-I957_ATT_I957UCLK4_I957ATTLK4_Original
Disclaimer: I am not responsible if anything happens to your device by using this method. You may proceed solely at your own risk!.
Odin Flashing Guide
1. Extract or ‘unzipped the I957UCLK4 stock ROM.
2. Run Odin. DO NOT put check on “Re-Partition” option, only “F-Reset Time and “Auto-Reboot”.
3. Load the binary tar file under Odin’s PDA button.
These are the tar files of each specific network operators.
PDA button: HOME_I957UCLK4_CL1167230_REV02_user_low_noship.tar.md5
4. Reboot the Tab in Download mode,. Turn it Off then press (Volume down and Power button)
5. Connect the tab to computer.
6. Hit Odin “Start” button.
7. Wait for the word “PASS” appears.
8. Reboot and done.
If you successfully upgraded from OTA, Kies or Odin, just let everyone knows how this ICS update performs on your tablet.