Samsung has just began rolling out the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update on Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0 GT-P3100. We spotted the latest firmware build from Samsung server as P3100XXCLL2 with a build date as of December 12, 2012. For the record, this firmware is now heading first for France users of unbranded Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, while other countries may still wait at this point since the update rolling is in phases basis. So, if it happens that you are from France and a proud owner of the 7 inch Galaxy Tab2, fire up that Kies now in your computer and check the update.
Firmware Build P3100XXCLL2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100
Android version: 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Build Date: Dec.12 2012
What are the key features of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update
Thus, who are not familiar with the Android 4.1.2 Update, Samsung has added a lot of new features for Galaxy devices, most of these features are found from the Galaxy Note II. The rest will be yours to discover.
You may also share to us how this new firmware update performs on your Galaxy Tab 2 devices if you already upgraded.
How to manually install P3100XXCLL2 4.1.2 Stock ROM
This quick guide is for advance users only – those who has rooted and installed with modified firmware on their Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 and having issues updating via OTA or Kies. Ordinary users may only update via OTA or Kies and do not use this method, for your Galaxy Tab 2 still runs with official firmware and you can simply update thru Kies or Over the Air without facing any issues.
Disclaimer: Use this guide solely at your own risk! We shall not be held responsible what outcomes it may bring into your device.
- Make sure the battery is fully charge
- Make a back-up copy of all important files stored from your device.
- If you came from custom ROM and wants to restore back your Galaxy Tab 2 to completely stock, perform wipe data via custom recovery first to avoid bootloop issues.
- If you installed Samsung’s Kies software, make sure it is closed and not running on system tray.
- Use the supplied USB cable of your Galaxy Tab 2, failures in flashing is caused by a bad USB cable.
Grab Odin3_v3.07 Odin3_v3.07 link
Install the USB Driver: download
Download the original P3100XXCLL2 stock firmware
Stock ROM XEF_P3100XXCLL2_P3100XEFCLK1 Download
1. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware
2. Set the Galaxy Tab 2 into Download Mode
Turn it off, then press and hold down the “Power and Volume DOWN ” buttons at the same time. Press the “Volume UP” to get into download mode. Don’t connect the tablet into the computer yet.
3. Extract and Run Odin flasher tool.
4. In Odin’s checkboxes options, DO NOT Check the “Re-partition”, just leave “Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time” mark checked.
5. In Odin, click the PDA button. Select the P3100XXCLL2_P3100XEFCLK1.tar.md5 file you extracted.
6. Plug the tablet to PC USB connection. In Odin, under ID:COM will turn to yellow andshows the current com port you Galaxy Tab 2 connected to. If you don’t see this and Odin doesn’t responds it means the device is not connected yet, just try another USB port or USB cable.
7. Click the START button.
8. Wait until it’s finishes flashing. Once it’s done, the tablet will just reboot.
If you have something to mention, just drop it on the comment form. Enjoy!