The Samsung Galaxy S Advance now already receives an Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. The latest firmware build I9070XXLPY hitting in Russia and truly confirmed that this is an official roll out by Samsung. This is a shocker news for other devices that seems to be left behind. For instance, the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 with a better specs than the Galaxy S Advance . The Galaxy S2 featured a dual-core 1.2 GHz CPU and 1 GB of RAM revelead its Jelly Bean update details a day ago in South Korea but it seems nothing more to dig for that.
The firmware seems smooth and it looks pretty awesome. There is a new Touchwiz Nature UX and a few apps added. We aren’t sure about the bugs and any issues like battery life performance for this is still fresh.
Software update : I9070XXLPY Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Device: Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 (unbranded)
Android version: 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Build Date: Dec. 12, 2012
Release Date: Jan. 13, 2012
Again, this update now initialy available for Russsian users of unbranded Samsung Galaxy S Advance via Samsung Kies or OTA (Over the air). This might bound to hit soon in European countries and the rest of the world. So, just watch it out!
How to manually Install Android 4.1.2 I9070XXLPY on Samsung Galaxy S Advance
If you are an Android device tweakers and knows how to use Odin, you can can upgrade to 4.1.2 now. All you need is grab the original stock ROM an flash it through Odin tool. If you don’t know what this is all about then leave your phone untouched or you might mess it up in no time. This is for experts, tech-savvy’s and alike used only.
Disclaimer: Use of this guide is solely at your own risk! We are not responsible if anything happens to your device.
Prepare the following
- Back up all important data stored from the phone.
- Fully re-charge the phone’s battery.
- Use Windows Based computer or laptop, Odin will not work on MAC and Linux OS.
- Disable Kies on system tray, Kies will block Odin from working.
- A supplied USB cable for your phone.
1. Extract or “unzip” the Stock ROM in a separate folder of your computer.
2. Run Odin on your computer
3. Click the PDA button and then browse to folder where you have extracted the .tar.md5 file.
4. Make sure “DO NOT TICK” the “Re-Partition” checkbox option.
5. Set the phone into Download Mode
6. Connect the phone to computer or laptop via USB cable
7. Hit “START” button to begin the installation.
8. Wait for the word “PASS” to appear.
9. Disconnect the phone from the computer once completely rebooted.
Troubleshooting Flashing Failure with Odin
Q: I got an error message that says “Set-up connection Failed” or “Flash completed (success 0/failed 1)”?
A: 1. Check your USB connection from the phone to PC,
2. Connect to another PC USB port
3. Check and try to another USB cable
4. Re-install the USB driver.
Q: Odin just suddenly stuck in the middle of nowhere while in flashing progress, It isn’t responding at all?
A: Check for possible program that might interrupt the process, like disabling the anti-virus and closing any running programs.
Try to use another PC or laptop,
Q: The flashing went well, but now I can’t boot into the system normally. I get past the splash screen, get samsung bootlogo and music and then it continuously repeat samsungs animation?
A: You can fix it via recovery mode option, do this:
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your phone in Normal mode.
Any more thoughts about this update, just drop your comments.