Here’s how to Manually Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 to Official android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean using stock ROM N8000XXCMA1 released in Germany. This is an update from earlier build 4.1.2 N800XXCLL3 and reported as the patch for fix of the”Exynos Exploit”. This procedure is intentionally for advance users only with experience tweaking their devices like rooting or installing custom ROM. Typical users must only upgrade thru Kies and OTA if the update will come soon in your specific areas.
Disclaimer: Use of this guide is solely at your own risk. We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your devices. Please proceed with extra precautions.
Do Some Preparations:
– Back-up all important data stored from the device and saved it somewhere on your computer.
– Make sure the battery is fully charge.
– Grab the following needed files below.
– Remember the APN settings of your device.
Grab the following needed files:
Odin3_v3.07 Flasher Tool – Odin3_v3.07 link
USB Driver – Download
Official Stock ROM:
Germany: DBT_N8000XXCMA1_N8000OXACMA1 Download
Odin Flashing Procedure:
1. Install the driver
2. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware in a separate folder of your computer.
3. Run and configure Odin. Do not check the “Re-Partition” checkbox. Leave marked checked on “”Auto-Reboot and “F-Reset Time”.
4. Boot the Galaxy Note 10.1 into “Download Mode”
– Turn it Off
– Press and hold (Volume Down, Home and Power) button at the same time.
– Press Volume Up to continue..
5. Connect the Galaxy Note 10.1 to computer, once it display the downloading screen.
6. Load the tar file on Odin’s PDA button.
– click on PDA button then locate and select the extracted
extracted ‘N8000XXCMA1_N8000OXACMA1_N8000XXCLL1_HOME.tar.md5′ file.
Odin sample only:
7. Hit the “Start” button to begin flashing.
8. Wait until it finishes and Odin displays a word “PASS!”.
9. Once the device reboots, unplug it from PC connection.
Fixing Possible Errors and Failures during Flashing
Set up connection failed
All threads completed (success 0/failed 1)
This is cause by a bad USB connection. Try to reconnect or use other USB cable, check everything – PC USB serial ports.
Stuck at welcome screen or logo
This can be easily fix by factory reset.
– press and hold (Volume Up, Home and Power) button
– navigate down and choose “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” using the volume keys.
– Use Power or Home button to enter choice.
– then select “Reboot System Now”.