The Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 inch GT-P7300 now has its another Android 4.0.4 ICS Ice Cream Sandwich official firmware update. The new ICS 4.0.4 firmware build P7300XXLQD is heading Czech Republic, Russia, Ukraine and Sweden at this moment. This XXLQD firmware build is the moat latest build for this year 2013, which is another update from earlier released P7300XXLQ6 in Austria. This is now available on Samsung Kies, so owners of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 on those said countries might check this update via Kies.
What Features on ICS 4.0.4 P7300XXLQD?
If you upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7310 WiFi it features a very smooth scrolling, much faster and smoother than in 3.2 honeycomb. There are major changes happens like the looks and apps you are going to discover.
Latest firmware: P7300XXLQD Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Country: Czech Republic, Russia, Ukraine (Kyivstar), Swede (Telia)
Version: Android 4.0.4 ice Cream Sandwich
How to install P7300XXLQD and upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300 to Official Android ICS 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stockfirmware, for we can’t upgrade to it yet via Kies unless we’re all in the sadi released countries. This procedure is for advance users only that still currently runs with official stock 3.2 HoneyComb, typical users may only upgrade thru Kies and may not try this method if do not truly understand of what this stuff is all about.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
- Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
- Remember the APN settings of your network provider, if you install this on your tab which you
- Perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
Grab the original P7300XXLQD stock ROM:
Odin Flasher Guide: P7300XXLQD Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300 WiFi+3G
1) Extract the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v1.85.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ ans ‘F-Rreset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted .tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted yellow ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, remove it from computer’s USB connection.
That’s all! Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300 now runs in Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.