European owners of the LG Optimus L9 P760 your long-awaited Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update has finally arrived. Recently, the latest official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update with build number v20B has officially announced by LG. You can now enjoy the latest tweaks of your LG P760, now it’s added with a lot more interesting features. This V20B 4.1.2 JB update is now officially rolling out in Italy, Germany, Baltic States, Spain, France, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Romania and for the European Open LG Optimus L9 P760. You can update L9 devices via FOTA (Firmware-Over-The-Air) or by using LG software update tool on your computer.
Here’s the official announcement from LG,
We are pleased to inform all users of Optimus L9 which started the distribution of ‘Jelly Bean upgrade for Optimus L9.
At the time the update is now available for the open market. While in Italy Optimus L9 is distributed exclusively by the operators, it is possible that some users who purchase the first Optimus L9 distributed case receive the upgrade to Jelly Bean in open market.
Updates to Jelly Bean customized for operators will be distributed after you have completed the approval process for the operator.
Below is the list of improvements implemented in updating Jelly Bean Optimus L9 (P760) Open Market:
Software version: V20b (open market)
- Updating the operating system 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Unlocked Bootloader device
- New feature QSlide 2.0 to run multiple applications simultaneously on the same screen
- New Application Link function in the alarm clock
- New function to change the background Posts Topics in SMS conversations
- New Zooming function Screen to use the pinch-to-zoom in the text, in previews of the gallery, email, address book, and in the SMS
- New feature Live Zooming to enlarge the video in real time using the pinch-to-zoom
- New “USB Audio” to play the sound via USB using the docking station compatible
- Apply the latest security patches Google
- Updated the application QuickMemo
- Updated several applications to the latest version
- New weather widget AccuWeather
- Removed applications News and Finance Yahoo!
- Removed the LG Tag +. E ‘can download it from the “Application Management”
How to upgrade options:
- Using a PC (connected to the Internet) and Data Cable:
B2C application for PC downloaded from the Support section of the site LG.com / it:
- Through FOTA (Firmware Over-the-Air):
Connect your smartphone to an access point Wi-Fi
Go to the menu: Settings – About phone – Software Update – Check for Updates
Those who had rooted their devices, you can also grab the official KDZ file at XDA and manually flash it.
In addition, this 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update came with already unlocked bootloader which makes it a very impressive moved by LG mobile for the past few years.
Again, for now this is only available for LG Optimus L9 P760, the P765, p768 and P769 may follow too. So, just stay tuned for more LG devices updates.