Here’s the guide for those who owns the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 that is now rooted or installed with custom ROM and cannot get the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update with new baseband version T889UVBMB4.
If your Galaxy Note 2 device has been rooted or installed with custom ROM and recovery chances that you cannot update the device via OTA or Kies. This is because your device has been tagged in “modified” status. The only options to get the latest 4.1.2 update is to unroot your device then run the update again.
But, here’s the direct method that you can manually upgrade your device without wasting too much effort.
Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 2 T889 to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean T889UVBMB4
Disclaimer: This method are for developers and advance users only. If ever this is your first time heard about this procedure, please make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not be held any responsibility if anything happens to your device by using this guide.
Warning: This stock ROM is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 specific model only. Do not ever try to use this firmware on other Samsung Galaxy Note 2 variant.
Q: Do I lost root using this method?
A: Yes, this will restore your device into official firmware.
Q: Can I install root again once upgraded to this version?
A: Yes, this firmware build can be rooted.
Grab the original T889UVBMB4 Stock Firmware:
Odin downloader – Odin3_v3.07 link
USB Driver Link
Stock ROM – T889UVBMB4_T889TMBBMB4_TMB.zip
Download (old download link was gone) Try to find the file here.
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a back-up all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lost it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
– Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
– Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows OS
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Odin Flashing Procedure for Galaxy Note 2
1)Extract the downloaded firmware or stock ROM. Use winzip, 7zip, winrar or any decompressing program you have in your computer.
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Just click on the PDA button then select and load it. Load the binary file.
DO NOT check ‘Re-Partition’ option.
leave these checked: Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes.
4) Put Galaxy Note 2 into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now Press and hold theVolume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5. Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID:COM box will highlight and turn to color yellow when the phone is properly connected and already recognize with Odin.
6.Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
8.Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from PC.
Do factory reset again after flashing.
This is only optional just in-case you’ll experience bootloops and lag issues after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, to gain a fresh firmware installed.
Just drop to us any issues using this guide. Any questions are most welcome.