All heads-up to all South East Asia owners of the original Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. The official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean has released by Samsung on your Galaxy Note devices. You folks should be seeing a 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update with a firmware build number N7000DXLSE. It’s now loaded in Samsung Kies server and points to each specific south-east Asian countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam. This is a full and major update from previous Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich build N7000DXLR5. So, better run that Kies tool installed on your computer and let your Galaxy Note fully updated to the latest Jelly Bean goodies.
Firmware info: N7000DXLSE Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Model number: GT-N7000
Region: South East Asia
Country: Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam.
Carrier: Unbranded, Singtel, Starhub, M1, Maxis, Celcom, DiGi, U Mobile,Telkomsel, XL Axiata, Indosat, Hutchison, Axis, AIS, DTAC, Sun, Globe, Smart, Viettel Mobile, MobiFone, Vinaphone and others.
Android version: 4.1.2
Build number: JZO54K.N7000DXLSE
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update Enhancements and Features
Software Upgrade for GALAXY Note with the new Android 4.1 Jellybean, and new and enhanced features of Samsung.
- Jellybean Android 4.1 with Touchwiz Easier multitasking (multi-window pop-up and other functions)
- S Pen optimized operation (handwriting on S Planner / E-mail, Easy Clip) Better content services and more!
- Social Hub is removed due to compatibility issues with OS. The services of email, SMS and SNS in the Social Hub can be used through separate apps.
- S Pen gestures were added to more useful commands. S memo was replaced by S score for optimized operation in touch.
- With S Memo Notes created in S grade are imported as soon as the S-note app is activated. The Polaris Office apps, Photo Editor and Movie Editor can bedownloaded from Samsung Apps.
Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean N7000XXLSE [Manual Method]
Disclaimer: This method is for developers and advance users only. If ever this is your first time heard about this procedure, please make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device by using this guide.
Note: These stock ROM is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 specific model only.
Grab the original N7000DXLSE Stock Firmware:
Singapore (unbranded) XSP_N7000DXLSE N7000OLBLSE link
Singapore (SingTel) SIN_N7000DXLSE N7000OLBLSE link
Singapore (StarHub) STH_N7000DXLSE N7000OLBLSE link
Singapore (M1) MM1_N7000DXLSE N7000OLBLSE link
Indonesia (unbranded) XSE_N7000DXLSE N7000OLBLSE link
Malaysia (unbranded) XME_N7000DXLSE N7000OLBLSE link
Thailand (unbranded) THL_N7000DXLSE N7000OLBLSE link
Philippines (Sun) XTC_N7000DXLSE N7000OLBLSE link
Philippines (Globe) GLB_N7000DXLSE N7000OLBLSE link
Philippines (Smart) SMA_N7000DXLSE N7000OLBLSE link
Vietnam (unbranded) XEV_N7000DXLSE N7000OLBLSE link
Vietnam (Viettel Mobile) XXV_N7000DXLSE N7000OLBLSE link
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
- Create a back-up all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lost it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
- Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
- Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows OS
Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean Odin Flashing Procedure for Galaxy Note GT-N7000
1)Extract the downloaded firmware or stock ROM. Use winzip, 7zip, winrar or any decompressing program you have in your computer.
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Load the binary file.
Single file only – This firmware comes in a single packed mostly from recent updates that is fulled from official Samsung Kies firmware server. The PDA, MODEMand CSC file are in one single packaged. Single pack oftentimes comes as a NON-WIPE version, it means it does not delete or wipe your stored data from the phone’s memory after flashing.
Once you extracted this file, you”ll find a .tar.md5 file extension to it.
Just click on the PDA button then select and load it.
DO NOT check ‘Repartition’ because there is no PIT file is loaded. This is safe for upgrade and downgrade only when the device is currently running the officialfirmware.
Check these: Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes.
4) Put Galaxy Note into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now Press and hold theVolume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5. Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID:COM box will highlight and turn to color yellow when the phone is properly connected and already recognize with Odin.
6.Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
8.Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from PC.
Do factory reset again after flashing.
This is only optional just in-case you’ll experience bootloops and lag issues after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, to gain a fresh firmware installed.
Restore your network APN settings, then change the default language to your own or desired language. Enjoy!
For those who already got this update, just let everyone knows how this update performs.