The Samsung Galaxy Note official Android 4.1.2 Jell Bean is now hitting Africa’s shores. South Africa and Kenya are lucky enough to received the 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update after months and months of waiting other African countries might follow soon. The firmware build is ‘N7000XXLSZ’, the same as those released in Europe countries such as Germany-DBT, Italy-ITV, Netherlands-XEN and others. With the same build version, all features and enhancements are also same as it goes. This software update is now live from Samsung Kies server, just simply hook your Galaxy Note devices to your computer and check the update.
For those who might experiencing issues updating via Kies for some reasons if your Galaxy Note is rooted, you can manually update using the stock ROM below. Don’t worry, if you’re afraid to lose root, you can easily apply root again on this 4.1.2 version if you want to.
Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean N7000XXLSZ OJV [Manual Method]
Disclaimer: This method is for developers and advance users only. If ever this is your first time heard about this procedure, please make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device by using this guide.
Note: These stock ROM is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 specific model only.
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a back-up all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lost it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
– Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
– Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows OS
Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean Odin Flashing Procedure for Galaxy Note GT-N7000
1)Extract the downloaded firmware or stock ROM. Use winzip, 7zip, winrar or any decompressing program you have in your computer.
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Load the binary file.
Single file only – This firmware comes in a single packed mostly from recent updates that is fulled from official Samsung Kies firmware server. The PDA, MODEMand CSC file are in one single packaged. Single pack oftentimes comes as a NON-WIPE version, it means it does not delete or wipe your stored data from the phone’s memory after flashing.
Once you extracted this file, you”ll find a .tar.md5 file extension to it.
Just click on the PDA button then select and load it.
DO NOT check ‘Repartition’ because there is no PIT file is loaded. This is safe for upgrade and downgrade only when the device is currently running the officialfirmware.
Check these: Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes.
4) Put Galaxy Note into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now Press and hold theVolume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5. Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID:COM box will highlight and turn to color yellow when the phone is properly connected and already recognize with Odin.
6.Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
8.Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from PC.
Do factory reset again after flashing.
This is only optional just in-case you’ll experience bootloops and lag issues after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, to gain a fresh firmware installed.
Restore your network APN settings, then change the default language to your own or desired language. Enjoy!
For those who already got this update, just let everyone knows how this update performs.