T-Mobile’s Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGH-T989) official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean has finally arrive! The firmware build number is “T989UVMC6″ this software is now spotted on Samsung Kies firmware server, and might to roll out starting now through OTA and Kies. For those who currently runs with custom ROM and or rooted devices and for those who can’t wait much longer to try this out, you can manually upgrade your Galaxy S2 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean using the official build T989UVMC6 from the source below.
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Features
- Google Now
- Smart Stay
- Direct call
- Pop-up Play
- Nature UX Touchwiz
- A lot better hardware performance such as camera etc.
Install Stock T989UVMC6 Android 4.1.2 JB Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S 2 SGH-T989
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stock firmware, for we can’t upgrade on kies or OTA anymore after installing unofficial firmware on our devices previously.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.This procedure is for advance users only, typical users may only upgrade only thru Kies or via OTA and may not use this method.
- Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
- If your device currently runs with any custom ROM, you may ask any assistance first from your ROM developer on how to safely return back to official stock to get rid of any issues.
- Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
- Use Windows-based OSX PC/laptop, Odin will not work on MAC OSX
Grab the original T989UVMC6 stock ROM:
1) “Extract” or “unzip” the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v3.07.exe on PC desktop
3) In Odin - DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION check box, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left checked.
4) Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM “tar file”
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You’ll then need to press the Volume Up to continue. You’ll be prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press “volume up” if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
5) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect the PC USB cable To Phone. In Odin, the ID:COM box will change its color and its an indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
6) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
7) Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
That’s all! your Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989 now fully installed or restored to the original Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean.
How to root T989UVMC6?
Once you install Odin back to official stock, you already lose root access from your device. if you want to regain root just grab the latest custom recovery o such as CWM or TWRP. and install latest SuperSU binaries. There’s a guide down here to root Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-t989 4.1.2 Jelly bean UVMC6.