Samsung has released another official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update with firmware build number I9070XXLQE on Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-i9070 non-NFC varaints. This is now hitting in Germany, Poland and Ukraine, other countries in Europe might follow soon. The Asian region also gets the I9070DXAMD1 but it has a lower chagelist number to (660490) the same changes that has found on earlier released in Russia a month ago with build numbers I9070XXLPY and I9070XXLQ4.
The i9070XXLQE gets a much higher changelist to 1122398, I have a doubt that this one is added with bug fixes, improvements and enhancement for a better UI experience. To those who already updated to Android 4.1.2 and experiencing launcher lag issues, may try this firmware build XXLQE and you might see some differences.
Firmware info: I9070XXLQE Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Device: Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 (unbranded)
Country: Germany, Poland, Ukraine
CSC: I9070DBTLQ1, I9070OXXLQE, I9070OXELPA
Android version: 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Build Date: April 09, 2013
Release Date: May 2013
Again, this update now initially available for Germany, Poland and Ukraine users of unbranded Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 via Samsung Kies. This might bound to hit the rest of Europe countries soon. Those who might give it a try and want to update their devices now, just grab the official stock firmware I9070XXLQE below.
How to manually Install Android 4.1.2 I9070XXLQE on Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070
If you are an Android device tweaker and knows how to use Odin, you can can upgrade to 4.1.2 now. All you need is grab the original stock ROM and flash it through Odin tool. If you don’t know what this is all about then leave your phone untouched or you might mess it up in no time. This is for experts, tech-savvy’s and alike used only.
Disclaimer: Use of this guide is solely at your own risk! We are not responsible if anything happens to your device.
Prepare the following
- Back up all important data stored from the phone.
- Fully re-charge the phone’s battery.
- Use Windows Based computer or laptop, Odin will not work on MAC and Linux OS.
- Disable Kies on system tray, Kies will block Odin from working.
- A supplied USB cable for your phone.
- Remember he APN settings of your device.
Grab the stock firmware I9070XXLQE
Note: Do not flash these stock firmwares on Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070P, you will lose your device NFC capability for doing so. These firmware does not support the NFC built-in chips.
Germany: DBT_I9070XXLQE Download
Ukraine: RTL_I9070XXLQE Download
1. Extract or “unzip” the Stock ROM in a separate folder of your computer.
2. Run Odin on your computer
3. Set the phone into Download Mode (Hold Volume Down+Home+Power button) then VOlume Up when propmted with a warning screen.
4. Connect the phone to computer or laptop via USB cable
5. Click the PDA button and then browse to folder where you have extracted the .tar.md5 file.
Germany stock is “I9070XXLQE_I9070DBTLQ1_HOME.tar.md5“
6. Make sure “DO NOT TICK” the “Re-Partition” checkbox option.
7. Hit “START” button to begin the installation.
8. Wait for the word “PASS” to appear.
9. Disconnect the phone from the computer once completely rebooted.
You may then check if you have successfully installed the I9070XXLQE 4.1.2 version by hitting your phone Settings> About> software info.
Optional: change the default language according to your own or desired language. Hit Settings> About> Language and Text input.
Also Re-configure APN settings to get rid of Data connection issues.
Troubleshooting Flashing Failure with Odin
Q: I got an error message that says “Set-up connection Failed” or “Flash completed (success 0/failed 1)”?
A: 1. Check your USB connection from the phone to PC,
2. Connect to another PC USB port
3. Check and try to another USB cable
4. Re-install the USB driver.
Q: Odin just suddenly stuck in the middle of nowhere while in flashing progress, It isn’t responding at all?
A: Check for possible program that might interrupt the process, like disabling the anti-virus and closing any running programs.
Try to use another PC or laptop,
Q: The flashing went well, but now I can’t boot into the system normally. I get past the splash screen, get Samsung bootlogo and music and then it continuously repeat Samsung’s animation?
A: You can fix it via recovery mode option, do this:
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your phone in Normal mode.
Any more thoughts about this update, just drop your comments.