Here’s the stock firmware I717UCMD3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for AT&T Galaxy Note SGH-I717 that can be use to manually install and upgrade the device if it’s rooted and can’t upgrade on Samsung Kies server. Installing the stock firmware will remove root from Galaxy Note i717 and restore to official firmware provided by Samsung and AT&T, but this is a winning situation, if you want Jelly Bean then surrender your root. Just think of rooting again after your device tastes the Jelly Bean upgrade for now.
How to manually install the Stock Firmware I717UCMD3 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717
- Back-up all important data stored from the device -contacts, messages, etc.. ( this is a non-wipe firmware version, but just in-case something might went wrong your files are in safe place)
- Make sure your device battery is fully charge
- If you have installed custom ROM with custom recoveries (perform Back-up then Wipe Data/Dalvik Cache in recovery)
- Use PC runs with Windows OS and good USB serial port
- Grab stock firmware, USB driver and Odin
Odin flasher Odin3_v3.07 download
USB Driver Download (not needed if you already installed Kies)
I717UCMD3 Original Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Stock Firmware
Download | Download
Install the USB driver so that the your computer can recognize your Galaxy Note.
Extract or unzip the firmware after download, use winzip, winrar, 7zip or anything you have in your computer that used to extract a zip file format.
1) Run Odin.
2) Click on the PDA button, then load the firmware file - Kies_Home_I717UCMD3_I717ATTMD3.tar.md5.
3) Do not tick the “Re-Partition” checkbox.
4) Reboot the Galaxy Note in Download Mode: Turn it off > (Press Volume Down+Power button) .then Press Volume Up when the Warning message appear.
5) Connect the phone to PC, using the supplied USB cable.
6) Hit “START” button to begin flashing.
7) Wait until the flashing finishes (DO NOT ever interrupt the process once already started).
Optional: Perform factory reset after completely rebooted to get rid of bootloops, and gains a fresher firmware installation.
How? Turn it off, then press and hold Volume Up and Down+Power button then let it go if you came across in recovery screen. Scroll down and select Wipe Data/Factory reset.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Note I717 should now be running on official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build I717UCMD3. To confirm if the firmware was successfully installed, just hit Settings>> About>> Software info. You should see you software build version is I717UCMD3.
Then just share to us, how this update performs.