Here’s the original stock firmware T999UVDMD5 for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 which you can manually install and upgrade your Galaxy S3 T999 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean if somehow your device has root or installed with custom recoveries that fails you from updating via Kies and OTA. The T999UVDMD5 now includes Muti-Window support, auto-pairing via NFC, Sound Balance, Paper Artist, Samsung Gallery, Blocking Mode, Easy Mode and some enhanced Camera options.
Again, this process is only for those who has a Samsung Galaxy S3 currently runs in unofficial firmware or with root installed and wants to restore back to official stock firmware. Typical users who did not touch their phone OS and currently runs with official firmware T999UVDLJC, you must only update on Kies or via OTA. This method is called manual flashing, just an option if Kies and OTA already blocks your devices from updating, something like it just says “This device is not supported by Kies” or “update failed” on OTA update.
Just follow this guide and manually install it, this will not trip the binary flash counter and wipe all stored data. But backup all important files first. This is for safety precautions and usually doesn’t delete the files during the process, in-case if you run into problems and you may be forced to perform factory reset. Re-setting the phone will delete all data.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.This procedure is for advance users only, typical users may only upgrade only thru Kies or via OTA and may not use this method.
– Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– If your device currently runs with any custom ROM, you may ask any assistance first from your ROM developer on how to safely return back to official stock to get rid of any issues. Mostly devs advises you to perform Full Back-Up via CWM/TWRP recovery and perform Wipe Data/Dalvik cache before performing Odin back to stock.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
Grab the original T999UVDMD5 stock firmware:
T999UVDMD5_T999TMBDMD5_TMB.zip Try to find it here
Odin Guide: How to flash T999UVDMD5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware on Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-T999
1) “Extract” or “unzip” the downloaded T999UVDMD5 stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v3.07.exe
3) In Odin – DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left checked.
4) Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM
Odin configuration should look like this:
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the PowerON/OFF button simultaneously.
You’ll then need to press the Volume Up to continue. You’ll be prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press “volume up” if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
5) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect the PC USB cable To Phone. The highlighted ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
6) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
7) Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”. Then remove it from PC once completely reboots,.
Optional fix: If you experience bootloops or just stuck on Samsung screen after flashing; You can easily fix these by performing wipe data/factory reset. Just ensure to backup all file first before doing so.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears. Use Volume keys to toggle UP and DOWN selection. The power button to enter your selection.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
You will then confirm if the fresh firmware was successfully installed by hitting your Galaxy S3 Settings>> About>> Software info. You should see the T999UVDMD5 as the baseband build version. That’s all!