The long-awaited Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus GT-P6210 WiFi only is finally here! The first official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus GT-P6210 comes with build numbers P6210XXDMC3 and it’s currently hitting UK and Ireland unbranded Galaxy Tab Plus owners only. So, for those who wants to upgrade now can manually install the stock P6210 MD3 firmware and then simply upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Tab P6210 to official Jelly Bean in no time without waiting to appear it on Kies in your areas. You don’t need to root your device to install this update, but you’ll lose root if your device is currently rooted once you install this official Jelly Bean firmware. Just think of updating now and then simply find ‘how to root’ that works for this update later.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus
Country: United Kingdom and Ireland
Carrier: unbranded, unlocked, generic, SIM Free
Build date: 2013 April
What’s the new features on new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Once this new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update installed on Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 GT-P6210 features a more fluid scrolling effect, much faster and smoother than 4.0.4 ice Cream Sandwich. The Menus ahs been re-designed and seems busier than it was before. Some features are Google Now, Sharing of media files via DLNA, Blocking mode and Smart Stay (for Screen while watching videos).
There are some issues might occur, since firmware builds are unpredictable for its stability.
How to Manually upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WiFi Only GT-P6210 to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update P6210XXMD3
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stock firmware, for we can’t upgrade to it yet via Kies unless we’re in UK or Ireland. Our British and Irish Galaxy Tab Plus P6210 friends can simply update now on Kies, if their devices wasn’t rooted. Do you feel like jealous? Nup, Samsung releases firmware updates in stages, meaning not everyone will get the updates in a short period of time, you will soon see this update coming to your country too.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens t your device for by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- Back up all files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset.
- Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
- Have the copy of the APN settings of your current network provider.
Download the needed tools:
Grab the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware:
The latest released: P6210XXMD3
Country: United Kingdom
Download it here – P6210XXMD3_P6210OXAMD3_XEU.zip
This stock ROM is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab WiFi GT-P6210, U.S, Europe and all international versions since it’s all the same. The default language is set in English, but all European languages were included in the firmware packaged.
Odin Flasher Guide: P6200XXMD3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WiFi GT-P6210
1) Extract all the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v1.85.exe or Odin3_v3.07.exe on your computer
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left checked.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted binary file:KIES_HOME_P6210XXMD3_P6210OXAMD3_1177839_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted yellow ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8) Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Optional: Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
Change the default language which is set in British English ( English – United Kingdom) for this is UK’s Galaxy Tab P6210 firmware build. All European languages were included on this package it even has some Asian countries languages, such as Chinese, Korean etc.
Configure the APN settings if encounters some data connections issues. The APN settings of your network operator has reset after installation. Don’t ask me here your network APN settings, it’s your device then you should know it.
That’s all! Your Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WiFi GT-P6210 now runs in Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Just share to us how this Jelly Bean update performs on your Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus GT-P6210.
Does it works well? Do you encounter issues lags or battery draining problems?