Another firmware update has been rolled out on Samsung Galaxy S4, the LTE version GT-I9505 built with Qualcomm processors. This new software update labeled with build numbers I9505XXUBMEA and its still based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean version and now hitting Germany’s proud owners of the Galaxy S4 LTE variant. This update is more on improvements and enhancement to fix previous issues, it also comes with new Camera enhancements. A new interesting features is the ‘Move apps to SD’ that allows users to move apps to the SD card, which is very useful to the phone’s internal storage while saving more available data space. The video recording is also added with option to record high HDR videos, I don’t know how exactly the video capture totally improved on this new high definition video recording, and how the battery life performs while using this option but you may try it on your own.
Firmware info: I9505XXUBMEA OTA/Kies Update
Device name: Samsung Galaxy S4
Model number: GT-I9505
Android Version: v4.2.2 aka Jelly Bean
Baseband build: I9505XXUBMEA
Kernel version: 3.4.0-768421
Build date: 2013 May 29
Build number: JDQ39.I9505XXUBMEA
So far, it’s only available for German owners of the Galaxy S4 I9505 and they can get this update via Kies or OTA (over the air). Just make sure to download the latest Kies for Samsung Galaxy S4 and have your phone’s battery fully charge before performing software update. Other countries may wait for a while for it will probably coming shortly. Those who has their Galaxy S4 rooted and runs with custom recovery, if you’ll get failure issues on Kies or OTA you can grab the original stock I9505XXUBMEA firmware at the below source and then simply manually flash it directly onto the phone. You will loose root when you install back an official firmware into your Galaxy S4 but you can still root it again using the same rooting method you’ve used before.
Manually Install I9505 UBMEA Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
Again, this update is now officially release Germany, If you live in Germany you can simply update your Galaxy S4 through Samsung KIES or OTA. Below are the official I9505XXUBMEA stock firmware for developers and advance users, and can be flash using ODIN.
Disclaimer: This guide is for advance users only, if this your first time heard about this method, make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by using this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
Odin Install Procedures:
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a copy or backup all of your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and to avoid power failure issues while updating.
– Close running softwares, such as KIES suite to prevent the possible conflicts.
– Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.
– If you’re outside Germany, just make sure to copy the APN settings of your current network provider.
Optional: Perform full factory reset to gain a smooth firmware installation.
1) Extract or unzip the downloaded I9505XXUBMEA stock firmware so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar. Use winzip, 7zip, winrar or any other extracting tool you had in your computer.
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock firmware.
4) Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time.
5) Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S4 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold theVolume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
6) Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen.
7) Hit the “START’ button.
8) Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
9) Remove the phone from the computer once completely reboots.
Confirm the newly installed Jelly Bean from your device:
About>Settings> Firmware info and see if it’s already I9505UBMEA Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean build version.
Perform full factory reset again to get a freshest firmware.
You may also change the default language which is in German to your own and lastly reconfigure APN settings if encounters data connection issues.