A few carrier branded Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 gets new update to build number N800XXDMC2 and its still based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The N8000 DMC2 update is currently hitting Europe regions Germany, Portugal, Slovenia and Poland. Though, this update has the latest kernel changes but is still has the same values as of the unbranded firmware released in Germany with build N8000XXDMC1. Folks with Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 GT-N8000 under E-Plus, Mobitel, Cosmote, Plus and among others which generally has the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Build N8000XXCMB3 should see this update via OTA (over the air) or by using Kies.
Again, this N8000XXCMD2 update is for carrier branded Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 only, meaning it is full of bloatwares from a certain network provider. You can check your device current software info by hitting Settings>>About Device> Software info it should be with build number N8000XXCMB3. Then check this update by hitting your device Settings >> Check for Update or by running Kies in your computer, connect your device and then perform the update.
If your device has root on it, you may probably cannot get this update. To install an update to a rooted devices, all you need is grab the original stock firmware and then manually flash it, this will then restore back your device to official default settings. Though, you will root on this on this process but you can retain root again, using the same method you’ve used on your previous 4.1.2 update.
Info: Firmware Build N8000XXCMD2
Device name: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
CSC: N8000MOTCME1, N8000TPHCMA1, N8000TPHCMA1, N8000EPLCMC1
Android version: 4.1.2 jelly Bean
Build date: 2013, April 04
How to manually install N8000XXCMD2 Android 4.1.2 Update on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
– Back-up all important data stored such as contacts, messages, photos, videos, etc. from the device and save it somewhere on your computer.
– Make sure the battery is fully charge.
– Grab the following needed files below.
– This procedure only works on Windows base computers and will not work on MAC.
Grab the following needed files:
Original Stock Firmware:
Mobitel Slovenia – MOT N8000XXCMD2 N8000MOTCME1 source
Telecom Portugal – TPH N8000XXCMD2 N8000TPHCMA1 source
Plus Poland – PLS N8000XXCMD2 N8000PLSCMD3 source
E-Plus Germany – EPL N8000XXCMD2 N8000EPLCMC1 source
Odin3_v3.07 Flasher Tool – Odin3_v3.07 link
USB Driver – Download
Warning: This guide is for advance users only, typical users who did not tweaked and touched their device operating system such as rooting must only update via Kies and must refrain from using this method. We do not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device.
Odin Flashing Procedure:
1. Install the USB driver
2. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware in a separate folder of your computer.
3. Run and configure Odin. Do not check the “Re-Partition” checkbox. Leave marked checked on “”Auto-Reboot and “F-Reset Time”.
4. Boot the Galaxy Note 10.1 into “Download Mode”
– Turn it Off
– Press and hold (Volume Down, Home and Power) button at the same time.
– Press Volume Up to continue..
5. Connect the Galaxy Note 10.1 to computer, once it display the downloading screen.
6. Load the tar file on Odin’s PDA button.
– click on PDA button then locate and select the extracted .tar.md5
Odin sample only:
7. Hit the “Start” button to begin flashing.
8. Wait until it finishes and Odin displays a word “PASS!”.
9. Once the device reboots, unplug it from PC connection.
Fixing Possible Errors and Failures during Flashing
Set up connection failed
All threads completed (success 0/failed 1)
This is cause by a bad USB connection. Try to reconnect or use other USB cable, check everything – PC USB serial ports.
Stuck at welcome screen or Samsung logo
This can be easily fix by factory reset.
– press and hold (Volume Up, Home and Power) button
– navigate down and choose “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” using the volume keys.
– Use Power or Home button to enter choice.
– then select “Reboot System Now”.
You may then confirm if the firmware was successfully installed on your Galaxy Note 10.1 by hitting Settings>>About Device> Software info. Then see if it’s already on N8000XXCMD2 Android 4.1.2 version.