The Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 could be the last among all other Samsung Galaxy S2 across U.S and International variants to received the Jelly Bean update, but today it’s surprisingly came to surface. The Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 was initially released by AT&T, but after the released of Skyrocket I727 Jelly Bean, some owners of the original Galaxy S2 I777 has been also expected and wondering if they get a Jelly Bean treatment too. So, now the long-awaited jelly bean is here, and everyone can now update using Samsung Kies. The new Jelly Bean update comes with the build numbers I777UCMD8. Those might have rooted their galaxy S2 and struggling to get this update on Kies you can also manually upgrade using the stock UCMD8 firmware from the source below. It’s the original, unmodified or unrooted firmware, but you’ll lose root once installed, just find any working root method if you want to retrieve your super user access again.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777
Version: Android 4.1.2
Build date: 23 Apr 2013
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.This procedure is for advance users only, typical users may only upgrade only thru Kies or via OTA and may not use this method.
– Back up all important files before proceeding, such as contacts,SMS, Emails, photos, videos, apps etc. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– If your device currently runs with any custom ROM, you may ask any assistance first from your ROM developer on how to safely return back to official stock to get rid of any issues.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
– Use Windows-based OSX PC/laptop, Odin will not work on MAC OSX
Grab the original I777UCMD8 stock Firmware:
1) “Extract” or “unzip” the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v3.07.exe on PC desktop
3) In Odin – DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION check box, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left checked.
4) Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock file. That exact file is this: ‘I777UCMD8_I777ATTMD8_I777UCMD8_HOME.tar.md5′
5) Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S2 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You’ll then need to press the Volume Up to continue. You’ll be prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press “volume up” if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect the PC USB cable To Phone. In Odin, the ID:COM box will change its color and its an indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8) Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Optional: Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
- Select wipe cache
- Select wipe data/factory reset.
- Select reboot
That’s all! your Samsung Galaxy S II I777 should now fully installed or restored to the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean I777UCMD8