Spain, Italy, and southeast Asian countries receives another firmware update on Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300). This update comes in the build number version I9300XXEMF6 and still based on Android 4.1.2 and again no 4.2.2 yet as everyone of you might expected. Though there are no new significant changes about this update, but it comes with a new Modem version so just see if there is some improvements on data, Wi-Fi signal strength. This update is now live on Samsung Kies for unbranded and branded Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 devices on those said regions.
Country: Spain, Italy, SouthEast Asia countries.
PDA: I9300XXEMF6 (4.1.2)
Build Date: 27 June 2013
Change List: 1287119
Install I9300XXEMF6 Official Jelly Bean Odin Flashing Procedure for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
Disclaimer: This guide is for advance users only, this is risky for beginners. We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device while using this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
1) Extract or unzip the downloaded firmware or stock ROM so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar.
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Load the binary file. Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM.
4. Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time.
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold theVolume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
6. Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen.
7. Hit the “START’ button.
10. Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
11. Remove the phone from PC once completely reboots.
(odin sample only)
You may then confirm the newly installed Jelly Bean from your device:
Settings–>About Phone–>Software info or type *#1234# and see if it’s already I9300XXEMF6 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build.