Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus I9105 owners will now enjoy the Android 4.2.2 (jelly bean) upgrade. Samsung has started rolling-out the official 4.2.2 update which now comes bundled in firmware build numbers I9105XXUBMH4. As of now, the official 4.2.2 UBMH4 update has seen only hitting Russian owners of the Samsung Galaxy S2 plus. Other countries may still wait for a while since this update might take too long before it reaches in your areas , just like what happens on the GT-I905P version which is only seen in Germany (build I9105PXXUBMG8) so far.
The 4.2.2 will bring features that most likely already seen on all Samsung devices that already received the said update. Some of this new features are Move Apps to SD, new lock screen, and some added multiple widgets from the apps drawer. Some owners from Russia has been reported that this update will also improved battery usage as well as camera performance. So, better check it by yourself and find out something new about this 4.2.2 update.
It is now live on Samsung Kies, and as I said its only available in Russian continent. Those came from other region who might couldn’t wait to taste this 4.2.2 update on their Samsung Galaxy S2 plus GT-I9105 can manually flash the original stock firmware I9105XXUBMH4. Just grab the stock ROM below and follow the step by step flashing procedure with Odin.
How to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean I9105XXUBMH4 on Samsung Galaxy S2 plus GT-I9105
Disclaimer: This guide is for advance users only, if you don’t have any idea of what the heck is this all about, then just wait and update your device via OTA or Kies only. We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device. proceed at your own risk!
Russia – I9105XXUBMH4 - download
I also added the stock 4.2.2 firmware for GT-I9105P with NFC devices, just in-case someone might have landed this page or may ask for it.
Germany – I9105PXXUBMI1 - download
You may also need Odin Flasher or multidownloader tool that works for the Galaxy S2installing
Odin3_v3.07 - Odin3_v3.07 link
USB Driver - download
- Make sure the battery is fully charge
- Back up all important files such as contacts, photos, videos etc.
- Perform factory reset or full wipe so that the flashing goes through smoothly
- Extract or unzip the firmware, use winzip, wirar, 7zip
- Run Odin flasher on your PC desktop
- Turn OFF the Galaxy S2 plus or Remove the battery and put it back again
- Put your device into Download MODE (Home + Volume Down + Power)
- Plug the phone to PC using USB cable.
- Click PDA button then select and load the
- Important: “DO NOT CHECK! the RE-PARTITION checkbox.
- Then finally click START!
- Wait until a word “PASS” appears
I have bootloops after flashing. Don’t panic do this!
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Galaxy S2 in Normal mode.
Confirm your fresh firmware installed by typing *#1234# or Go to Settings>About Phone>Firmware info.
Change the default language which is Russian to your own language. If you need to root, then find the best root method anywhere else.
That’s it! Just share to us how this 4.2.2 update performs on your Samsung Galaxy S2 plus.