The official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for United States version of Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 WiFi has now live as released by Samsung beginning October 2013. The new 4.2.2 software upgrade now comes in the form of firmware build number N5110UEFMI1, this is an update from previous build N5110UEEMF1 4.1.2 that has released way back a few months ago. U.S. Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 owners were the second batches to received this 4.2.2 update next to British Galaxy Note 8.0 owners who already got their 4.2.2 update last month with firmware build number N5110XXCMH3. So far, all Galaxy Note 8.0 were not yet fully covered on this 4.2.2 upgrade and the roll out are still in progress to other parts of European regions on this time being.
So anyone who owned the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 from USA, you folks should start seeing a notification that says something like ‘a new firmware update is now available for download’ . This firmware build N5110UEFMI1 is already live via Samsung’s Firmware server, to get this update you can use either Samsung Kies or by OTA update while hitting your Galaxy Note settings; From the Home key, tap Settings, About tablet, and then tap Software update. A pop-up screen should then prompts you if the update is already available in your specific areas.
Make sure your Galaxy Note is fully re-charged before performing an update. One more thing, it should not have been rooted your Galaxy Note, or you’ll probably be facing an update failure if you have root.
We have had heard that there some S-Pen inaccuracy reports on 4.2.2 update in UK. Just share to us if this Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update performs on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi GT-N5110 since UK firmware build is unlikely the same to the US version. This might be or may not the stabler 4.2.2 build released for Galaxy Note 8.0.
How to manually install N5110UEFMI1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Stock Firmware on Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi GT-N5110 (USA Variants Only)
This quick guide is for advance users only – those who has rooted and installed with modified firmware on their Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 and having issues updating via OTA or Kies. Ordinary users may only update via over the air with WiFi connection and or Kies and do not use this method since your Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 still runs with the official firmware and you can simply update thru Kies or Over the Air without any issues.
Disclaimer: Use this guide solely at your own risk! We shall not be held responsible any outcomes it may bring into your device.
– Make sure the battery is fully charge
– Make a back-up copy of all important files stored from your device.
– If you came from custom ROM and wants to restore back your Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 to completely stock, perform wipe data via custom recovery first to avoid bootloop issues.
– If you installed Samsung’s Kies software, make sure it is closed and not running on system tray.
– Use the supplied USB data cable of your Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110, failures in flashing is caused by a bad USB cable.
– Make a note of the APN setting of your network data provider.
Install the USB Driver
Download the stock Android 4.2.2 Firmware
1. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware.
2. Extract and Run Odin flasher tool.
3. In Odin’s checkboxes options, DO NOT Check the “Re-partition”, just leave “Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time” mark checked.
4. In Odin, click the PDA button. Select the extracted stock firmware.
5. Set the Galaxy Note 8.0 into Download Mode
Turn it off, then press and hold down the “Power and Volume DOWN ” buttons at the same time. Press the “Volume UP” to get into download mode.
6. Plug the tablet to PC USB connection. In Odin, under ID:COM will turn to yellow andshows the current com port you Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 connected to. If you don’t see this and Odindoesn’t responds it means the device is not connected yet, just try another USB portor USB cable.
7. Click the START button.
8. Wait until it’s finishes flashing. Once it’s done, the tablet will just reboot.
Once your Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 rebooted you should now run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean build N5110UEFMI1.