Here’s the official Android 4.3 stock firmware build number I545VRUEMK2 for Verizon Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545). This is useful for those who got the first 4.3 I545VRUEMJ7 software update and rushed into rooting and then now can’t get this update through big-red’s software update utility. The VRUEMK2 update includes several bug fixes and improvements, including improved data connectivity, email functionality and device charging performance.
You can download the I545VRUEMK2 4.3 Verizon Galaxy S4stock ROM below and flashed it using Odin flasher. Installing a full firmware packaged is a much better approach when it comes to returning your phone to factory default firmware, rather than flashing any individual system files like just only the modem image. That’s because there are some circumstances that you may only face issues, including WiFi connectivity and etc.
If you are worried about your root that may go away, don’t worry about it. The I545VRUEMK2 can still be rooted easily without any hiccups, just refer here to learn more on how to root the VRUEMK2.
Manually Flashed I545VRUEMK2 4.3 Stock Firmware on Galaxy S4 SCH-I545
– Make sure your phone is fully re-charge to avoid power interruption failure.
– Optional: Back up all important files stored from the phone’s internal memory such as contacts, photos, videos, MMS, SMS, emails, docs etc. Though, most stock firmware is non-wipe but there are some which is wipe versions and it will delete all of your files after the process.
– Optional: perform factory reset to gain a smooth firmware flashing without failures.
– Used Windows based computers or laptops, Odin will not run on Apple products such as Mac.
– Disable any running program on system tray, like Kies, antivirus etc to avoid program conflicts and failures.
– Used the supplied USB cable, flashing failures is mostly caused by bad USB cable. So, make sure you have a perfectly working USB cable wire.
Before you proceed, grab the necessary files for manual flashing.
– Install the USB driver for Samsung Galaxy S4 download here, you can also download and install Kies for it also include the needed USB driver.
– Download Odin downloader tool – Odin3_v3.09
– Download Stock I545VRUEMK2 4.3 Verizon Galaxy S4 – link
1) Extract or unzip the downloaded firmware, Odin flasher program can’t read it until you’ll get the correct file path which is in (.tar) file format. You can use ’7zip’ or ‘winrar’ to do that task, I used winrar.
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.09 flasher program.
3) Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time and nothing else.
4) Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S4 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
5) Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen. You should notice that the ID:COM box on ODIN will turn to blueish and will show you the port (COM) number.
6) Click on the AP button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock firmware.
7) Hit the “START’ button if everything seems all good to start flashing.
8) Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
9) Remove the phone from the computer once completely reboots.
10) Optional: perform wipe data or factory reset to gain a fresh firmware installation.
Fixing possible failures on Odin:
If you ain’t see the word ‘PASS!’ and it says ‘completed 0/failed 1′, all you need is just repeat the procedure above.
If it still fails, check the following again,
– Try to use other USB cable.
– Try to use other computer USB port.
– Try to use other desktop/laptop computer.
Any problem installing the stock firmware? We are here to help.