Sprint Galaxy S5 Stock Firmware build number G900PVPU1ANCB. This is the official factory image built for the Galaxy S5 SM-G900P during market launched. The G900PVPU1ANCB is built base in Android 4.4.2 and it can be use by advanced users as a back-up in-case someone might have gone into rooting and modifying their phone. Stock firmware has been also useful for those who have root their phone and might want to restore back to the official firmware then one can manually install the original G900PVPU1ANCB 4.4.2 stock firmware below and fully unroot the phone to gain a clean start OS.
Technical Details of G900PVPU1ANCB 4.4.2 Firmware:
Device name: Samsung Galaxy S5
Model number: SM-G900P
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: G900PVPU1ANCB
Kernel version: 3.4.0–964333
Build number: KOT49H.G900PVPU1ANCB
Again, the G900PVPU1ANCB is a Sprint Galaxy S5 Stock firmware, meaning it can be used exclusively for Spring Galaxy S5 SM-G900P phone only. Do not install it or even try to play it around with other variants like T-Mobile SM-G900T, AT&T SM-G900A, Verizon SM-G900V, Canada SM-G900W8 and international variants such SM-G900H and SM-G9005.
FAQ’s before you install the G900PVPU1ANCB 4.4.2 Sprint Galaxy S5 Stock Firmware
Will this trip KNOX warranty void flag counter to 0×1?
Nup, this is an official and signed firmware from Samsung, so flashing official firmware will not trip KNOX.
My Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P is rooted, will I lose root?
If your device is currently rooted you will lose root after flash, but you can still root it again anytime you want.
Disclaimer: Use of this method is solely at your own risk! Please proceed with precautions, for we will not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device by using this guide.
• Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P is recharge or at-least 40% remaining battery power.
• Stock Firmware packages comes in two formats the ‘Full-Wipe’ (delete your stored data after flashing) and the ‘Non-Wipe’ (it doesn’t delete your stored data) but it is highly recommended to make a back up all important files stored from your phone’s internal memory – contacts, messages, etc. before flashing no-matter if it is Full-WIpe or Non-Wipe, just to be safe and ensure that your stored data are in safe if something went wrong during the flashing process.
• Use a PC or laptop that runs in Windows OS, with a good and perfectly working USB serial port. Odin will not work on MAC OS.
• Use the supplied USB cable for your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P.
• Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings – while if you are on 4.3 just hit Settings>>About Phone>> then scroll down to the build number and tap that number for around 7-times ’til the Developer option appear.
• Ensure that KIES is closed and not running in the system tray! Kies and Odin are both created by Samsung but Kies will interrupt and doesn’t like Odin, it will block you from flashing.
Note: The Android 4.4.2 firmware has a protected bootloader that might cause issues when you try to downgrade to the old software updates. This also applies if you are planning into rooting and installs any custom recovery and any unsigned firmware once you are on 4.4.2 KitKat, so please be aware with that.
Download the G900PVPU1ANCB 4.4.2 firmware:
SM-G900P Sprint – G900PVPU1ANCB Stock Firmware Download – (link)
Install the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P USB driver
Install the USB Driver first to get rid of flashing failures. You may also need to extract the downloaded file which is packed in zip or rar files, so that you’ll get the tar.md5 file.
Run and Configure Odin
Run Odin downloader Odin3_v3.09 on your PC desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ensure that the ‘Phone Bootloader Update’ (only if your device runs on 4.3) , ‘AUTO-REBOOT’ and ‘F.RESET TIME’ checkboxes must be checked. Only the ‘RE-PARTITION’ is unchecked.
Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P into Download Mode
To reboot the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
Connect your Phone to PC or Laptop
Once you already reboot the phone in download mode, simply connect the phone to your PC or laptop USB.
In Odin window – the ID:COM box will turn to blue color and indicates the COM port number and a word “Added” on a log box will prompt you that the device is already detected or recognized by Odin. Your COM port number might be different from mine. If you do not see a COM port number then there’s something missing or wrong. You may read again from the top of this post.
Load the stock G900PVPU1ANCB 4.4.2 Sprint Galaxy S5 Stock Firmware Package.
The stock firmware is pack in a single .tar.md5 file only. Now, you need to just simply click on the AP button, then browse to the folder where the file you have previously extracted and then select and load it.
Start the installation of the stock firmware
Once if all set and ready to fire-up, hit the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock ROM. Do not ever interrupt the flashing process, such as disconnecting the cable or turning off the device. Just wait until it completely finish.
Wait until you see the PASS!! message
When the Stock Firmware installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” in Odin. This indicates that the flashing was already finish, and on the log box it says “All threads completed (succeed 1 / failed 0)”. The phone will just then automatically reboot, then it’s about time to remove it from PC or laptop USB connection.
Confirm if you successfully installed the stock firmware
Go to Settings>About Phone>Firmware info.
Possible errors that you may encountered, this is based on my own experience while flashing stock firmware on Samsung Android devices. These are just a few hints on how to resolved it.
Q: I got an error message that says “Set-up connection Failed” ?
A: 1. Check your USB connection from the phone to PC,
2. Connect to another PC USB port
3. Check and or try to another USB cable
4. Re-install the USB driver.
Q: Odin just suddenly stuck in the middle of nowhere while in flashing progress, it isn’t responding at all?
A: Check for possible program that might interrupt the process, like disabling the anti-virus and closing any running programs. Also try to use another computer or laptop,
Q: I experienced bootloop or the phone just stuck on Welcome Logo (phone always stop at bootanimation) and it won’t boot normally?
A: This eventually happens if your device came from custom firmware but you can fix it via recovery mode option, do this:
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P in Normal mode.