Manually install the official 4.4.2 KitKat update N7100XXUFND3 for Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. The N7100XXUFND3 is now available in France at this time, but for those advanced users of the Galaxy Note II N7100 who prepares a stock firmware you can upgrade right now to official N7100XXUFND3 Official 4.4.2 KitKat update without waiting further time before it arrives in your areas. This can be done using the official N7100XXUFND3 firmware and manually flashed through Odin.This is also useful for those who are rooted, running with custom ROM and wants to restore back to the official 4.4.2 stock.
How to Manually Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 to the N7100XXUFND3 Official 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware
Thus who now runs with rooted or custom firmware and custom recoveries cannot get this update officially from Kies or OTA, since the device is already modified, Kies or OTA updates will just fails your devices from updating. This is the procedure on how to manually upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 to official Android 4.4.2 KitKat N7100XXUFND3.
Warning: This method is for advance users only, typical users who did not touch or changes their devices MUST ONLY update via Kies and OTA only. This firmware is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with model number GT-N7100 only (International version) and cannot be used on U.S and Canada Galaxy S3 variants like SGH-I317/M, SGH-T889/V and SPH-L900 and so on.
Disclaimer: Use of this guide is solely at your own risk! Proceed with extra-precautions.
Download Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 original N7100XXUFND3 unbranded Stock Firmware
Select the exact stock firmware file according to your country of origin. I will add more countries soon.
France – N7100XXUFND3_N7100OXAFND3_XEF.zip (Download link)
FAQ about flashing Samsung Galaxy Note 2 stock firmware:
Q: Did it increase the flash counter of the phone?
A: No, flashing original stock firmware will not trip your phone’s flash counter, it only increases when you install any custom ROM, unofficial or leaked firmware.
Q: My phone is already rooted, does it remove root?
A: Yes, once you flash official firmware it will return to its original factory default settings, you will lose root and you need to root again. CF-Auto Root will worked N7100XXUFND3 official 4.4.2 kitkat update.
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a sync and backup all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
-Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.
– Extract or unzip the downloaded firmware so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar. Use wizip,winrar, 7zip or any extracting tool you had in your computer.
– Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
– Load the binary tar file. Click on the AP button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM:
– Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox, just leave default checked Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time check-boxes.
– Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy Note 2 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold the Volume Down , Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You will then prompts into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode.The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
– Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen. You should see an ID:COM turns in bluish color and Odin says added!!. If Odin doesn’t respond when the device connected to the computer then check for possible errors, such as USB cable, USB ports and the USB driver. Do not proceed if the device is not recognized with Odin, it only result to flashing failure.
– Hit the “START’ button.
– Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
11. Remove the phone from the computer once completely reboots.
You may then confirm the newly installed Android 4.4.2 KitKat from your device:
Tap on Settings>About Device> Firmware info or type *#1234# and see if it’s already N7100XXUFND3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat build.
How to Root N7100XXUFND3 official 4.4.2 kitkat update
TO root the N7100XXUFND3 official 4.4.2 update, you may use CF-Auto Root. We have tested it and it worked well. Simply download Chainfire’s CF-Auto root built for Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 here http://download.chainfire.eu/264/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip. Unzip the file so you’ll get the ‘CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.tar.md5’. Now reboot your Galaxy Note 2 into download mode again Hold Volume Down+Home+Power button, then connect to your computer. Once the device is recognized with Odin, click the PDA button then load the ‘CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.tar.md5’. Lastly hit the “Start” button, then wait for a minute or two until it successfully installs the root file.
You may also grab this apps https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix which is useful for fixing SD card issues on Android 4.4.2 update.
If everything here might not clear to you, just let me know.