If you have already updated your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 last few weeks to Android 4.4.2 N9005XXUFNG2, then behold as there is a new update hitting again this month. The update now dubbed with build number N9005XXUGNG1, it looks surprising but this update is not that huge but a minor update that brings some fixes to the previous released. As you still remember that the last update includes a Camera virtual tour, along with the Kids Mode support, Download Booster and the updated KNOX apps. The given changelog of the N9005XXUGNG1 as it was usually does that it brings an improved system stability and security enhancements but according to reports it fixes the reported heating issues while using the camera, so might also add a battery life performance as well.
The N9005XXUGNG1 now seen in Italy and Finland and select part of Nordic countries for unbranded Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005. It’s rolled out via Over The Air while having a file size of 20 MB to download. Considering the file size is too small so there is nothing more any major changes to expect but then again an update that brings bug-fixes is a must important update.
So for those who might have root and did not see the update coming on your Galaxy Note 3 N9005 by checking via OTA update or even by using Kies, you can manually install the Android 4.4.2 firmware build N9005XXUGNG1 from the source link below. The method will lose your root but it can be rooted again though, so just read on and grab the firmware.
Firmware build details of the 4.4.2 KitKat N9005XXUGNG1:
Model number: SM-N9005
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: N9005XXUGNG1
Kernel version: 3.4.0-1955971
Build number: KOT49.N9005XXUGNG1
Changelog of N9005XXUGNG1:
- Improved Stability
- Security Enhancement
The stock firmware below is only for those who did not get this update through ‘OTA’ over-the-air or even Kies and had faced issues like “Software Update Failed” or “This device is not supported with kies” and any similar errors. So again, if you want to have the 4.4.2 KitKat update installed on your Galaxy Note 3 just simply grab the 4.4.2 N9005XXUGNG1 stock firmware from the sources below, for this is your other last resort. One more thing, the 4.4.2 update now equipped with a secured bootloader which similarly found on 4.3 updates, some circumstances is that you cannot revert back to the older software update version, for this breaks the bootloader image once gets re-written. So make sure to be aware with that if you are planning to install any ROMs that still based on 4.3 , or 4.2.2. If you are also rooted then you’ll lose root once the 4.4.2 installation has made, that’s because official firmwares wipes-out any modification you have made or installed in your device.
Manually Update Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat N9005XXUGNG1 Firmware (Odin method)
Disclaimer: This method are used by Android developers and advanced users only. If ever this is your first time heard about this procedure, please make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not be held any responsibility if anything happens to your device from using this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
Warning: This stock ROM is only compatible for Galaxy Note 3 N9005 with SM-N9005 (International) specific model only. Do not ever try to use this firmware on other Samsung Galaxy Note 3 variants.
Q: Will I lose root once installed the N9005XXUGNG1 update?
A: Yes, this will restore your device into official firmware.
Q: Can I install root again once upgraded to N9005XXUGNG1 4.4.2 KitKat version?
A: Yes, this firmware build can be rooted, but be aware about the new KNOX security platform hidden inside the system that completely voids the warranty of your device once gets tripped by means of rooting or installing any custom recovery. This sets “KNOX warranty Void: 0×1 from 0×0? (You can see this when you set your device in download mode). This cannot be reset by any hacking method except by Samsung service personnel using a special reset tool of-course.
Download the Original N9005XXUGNG1 Stock Firmware:
Download Stock Firmware N9005XXUGNG1:
Italy – N9005XXUGNG1_ITV Download (link)
Finland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland (Nordic Countries) –
Austria – N9005XXUGNG1_ATO Download (link)
United Kingdom – N9005XXUGNG1_BTU Download (link)
Switzerland – N9005XXUGNG1_BTU Download (link)
Netherlands – N9005XXUGNG1_PHN Download (link)
Spain – N9005XXUGNG1_PHE Download (link)
Germany – N9005XXUGNG1_DBT Download (link)
France – N9005XXUGNG1_XEF Download (link)
Romania – N9005XXUGNG1_ROM Download (link)
Sweden (tre) – N9005XXUGNG1_3IE Download (link)
South Eastern Europe – N9005XXUGNG1_SEE Download (link)
Bulgaria – N9005XXUGNG1_BGL Download (link)
Poland – N9005XXUGNG1_XEO Download (link)
Switzerland (Swisscom) – N9005XXUGNG1_SWC Download (link)
Russia (Megafon) – N9005XXUGNG1_MGF Download (link)
Slovenia – N9005XXUGNG1_SIO Download (link)
Hungary – N9005XXUGNG1_XEH Download (link)
Croatia (Tele2) – N9005XXUGNG1_TWO Download (link)
Baltic States – N9005XXUGNG1_SEB Download (link)
Germany (Vodafone) – N9005XXUGNG1_VDH Download (link)
Ireland (Vodafone) – N9005XXUGNG1_VDI Download (link)
Serbia – N9005XXUGNG1_SEB Download (link)
New Zealand – N9005XXUGNG1_NZC Download (link)
Before you proceed prepare these necessary things as follows so you’ll not screwed-up your phone:
– Create a back-up all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lost it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that your Galaxy Note 3 battery is fully charged to ensure stability and to get rid pf power failure issues while updating.
– Close all software, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflict.
– Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows OS.
Stock Firmware 4.4.2 N9005XXUGNG1 Odin Flashing Procedures:
1) Extract the downloaded N9005XXUGNG1 firmware or stock ROM. Use winzip, 7zip,winrar or any decompressing program you have in your computer.
2) Run Odin3_v3.09 flasher program.
3) Just click on the PDA button then select and load the N900TUVUDNF5 firmware.
DO NOT check ‘Re-Partition’ option.
leave these checked: Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check-boxes.
4) Reboot the Galaxy Note 3 into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5) Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID:COM box will highlight and turn to a bluish color when the phone is properly connected and already recognized with Odin.
6) Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
7) DO NOT Interrupt, touch nor do anything when the phone is already in flashing progress mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that the installation successfully completes. (If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process)
8.Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from PC.
Do factory reset again after flashing.
This is only optional just in-case you’ll experience bootloop and lag issues after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, to gain a fresh firmware installed.
Possible errors that you may encountered, this is based on my own experience while flashing stock firmware on Samsung Android devices. These are just a few hints on how to resolved it.
Q: I got an error message that says “Set-up connection Failed” ?
A: 1.Check your USB connection from the phone to PC,
2. Connect to another PC USB port
3. Check and or try to another USB cable
4. Re-install the USB driver.
Q: Odin just suddenly stuck in the middle of nowhere while in flashing progress, it isn’t responding at all?
A: Check for possible program that might interrupt the process, like disabling the anti-virus and closing any running programs. Also try to use another computer or laptop,
Q: I experienced bootloop or the phone just stuck on Welcome Logo (phone always stop at bootanimation) and it won’t boot normally?
A: This is eventually happens if your device came from custom firmware but you can fix it via recovery mode option, do this:
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Galaxy Note 3 in Normal mode.
That’s it! If you found some interesting features on this N9005XXUGNG1 4.4.2 KitKat update, just drop it on our comment form below.