Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305 official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update has finally arrived! The software build number I9305XXUFNI3 has seen first in Germany. Noting that there is no official Android 4.4.2 update has seen rolling out on Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305. So the update will bump up to Android 4.4.4 from Android 4.3 and skipped the 4.4.2 update. The I9305XXUFNI3 can be seen in Germany at this time being, but for those advanced users who wants to give it a try now you can download the unmodified but an official 4.4.4 I9305XXUFNI3 stock firmware below. You can simply manually install into your Galaxy S3 I9305 and then you upgrade to official 4.4.4 without more waiting.
Again, this Android 4.4.4 update is only for the LTE version of Galaxy S3 with model number GT-I9305. The regular Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 has no 4.4.4 or even 4.4.2 KitKat update yet so far.
Samsung Galaxy S 3 LTE 4.4.4 Software Update I9305XXUFNI3 changelog
Here goes what it says once you download the I9305XXUFNI3 4.4.4 update via over the air.
OTA update 552.15MB file size
1. OS upgrade – [KitKat OS 4.4.4]
2. Music Album art will be displayed on the lock screen while playing music.
3. The new launcher setting menu has been added. – [Home Screen, SMS]
4. Camera shortcut is added in the Lock screen
5. User Interface and stability Improvements.
* Some changes may vary depending on country or network operator.
* After upgrading, you will NOT BE ABLE to downgrade to the old software because of updates to the security policy.
The key changes of the Android 4.4.4 is similarly to Android 4.4.2 KitKat update but it has been added a lot more improvements particularly on user interface and system stability.
Technical Details of I9305XXUFNI3 4.4.4 Update
Device name: GALAXY S III
Model number: GT-I9305
Android Version: 4.4.4
Baseband version: I9305XXUFNI3
Kernel version : 3.0.31 – 2760029 Fri Sept 12 13:08:24 KST 2014
Build number KTU84P.I9305XXUFNI3
How to manually install the 4.4.4 I9305XXUFNI3 firmware on Galaxy S 3 LTE I9305
Those who now runs with rooted and custom firmware or recoveries most probably encounter some troubles while trying to get this update officially from Kies or OTA, since the device is already modified, Kies or OTA updates will just fails your devices from updating. This is the procedure on how to manually upgrade the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE to official Android 4.4.4 KitKat I9305XXUFNI3.
Warning: This method is for advance users only, ordinary users who did not touch or modify their devices can simply update on Kies and OTA only. This update will soon come in your areas, all you need is a little bit patience to wait.
Grab the original 4.4.4 I9305XXUFNI3 Stock ROM:
This is a unbranded firmware which is best for flashing ’cause its free from any carrier bloatwares and it’s compatible to all international Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305.
Disclaimer: Proceed and use this method solely at your own risk! We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device.
FAQ about flashing Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (GT-I9305) I9305XXUFNI3 stock ROM:
Q: Did it increased the flash counter of the phone?
A: No, flashing official stock firmware will not trip your phone’s flash counter, it only increases when you install any custom ROM, unofficial or leaked firmware.
Q: My phone is already rooted, does it remove root?
A: Yes, once you flash official firmware it will return to its original factory default settings, you will lose root and you need to root again.
Q: How to root I9305XXUFNI3 Official 4.4.4 Update?
A: To root the I9305XXUFNI3 Official 4.4.4 update you may use Philz Touch recovery such as ” philz_touch_6.26.6-i9305.tar” then apply or install the latest SuperSU to gain a permanent root.
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
Create a sync and backup all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might went wrong after the update. Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating. Close all software, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts. Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.
Procedures on Installing the I9305XXUFNI3 4.4.4 on Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305
1. Extract or unzip the downloaded I9305XXUFNI3 firmware or stock ROM so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar.
2. Run Odin Downloader v3.09 flasher program.
3. Click on the AP button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM.
4. Do Not check the Re-Partition check box. Mark check these check boxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time.
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Download Mode buttons Volume Down+HOME+Power keys.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
6. Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen.
7. Hit the “START’ button.
8. Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
9. Disconnect the phone from computer once completely reboots.
You may then confirm the newly installed Jelly Bean from your device:
About>Settings> Firmware info and see if it’s already I9305XXUFNI3 4.4.4 Update.