Firmware update G900FXXU1BOB7, yet another official Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware update on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. The G900FXXU1BOB7 (LRX21T) is once again hitting first on unbranded Galaxy S5 in UK alone, just like what it seems happened on the previous Lollipop update G900FXXU1BOA3. The BOB7 update itself is not so heavy on some part but if your are aware of the “Silent Mode” feature that has been intentionally removed from previous updates, now it’s being returned back in the status bar again. Along with resurrected Silent Mode option are some improvements and enhancements which are technically unnoticeable.
Since the released of Android 5.0 Lollipop is still going on all Samsung Galaxy S5 models but it’s not has not 100% completed yet. So just rest assured that there could be more upcoming updates soon, either it could be still in 5.0 or might be a much higher version like 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 Lollipop packages.
Technical Details of G900FXXU1BOB7 Android 5.0 Lollipop Update
Device: Samsung Galaxy S5 (Snapdragon)
Model number: SM-G900F
Android version: 5.0 (Lollipop OS)
Baseband version: G900FXXU1BOB7
Kernel version: 3.4.0-4209230
Build number: LRX21T.G900FXXU1BOB7
SE for Android status Enforcing
Changes of the G900FXXU1BOB7 Android 5.0
There’s no any new changes to tell, aside from the “Silent Mode” has returned in the status bar. Some few fellas says it also improved the battery life performance but the update still fresh so you are at your own to observe it according to your daily usage.
Again, the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F Android 5.0 Lollipop G900FXXU1BOB7 update can be downloaded via Over-The-Air (OTA) update and Samsung Kies. Below are the official firmware build G900FXXU1BOB7 Android 5.0 Lollipop for advanced users from the rest of the world that wants to manually update as the latter can only be seen on a select countries.
Important reminder before you install the G900FXXU1BOB7 Android 5.0 Lollipop stock ROM
Will this trip KNOX warranty void flag counter to 0×1?
Nup, this is an official and signed firmware from Samsung, so flashing official firmware will not trip KNOX.
My Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F is rooted, will I lose root?
If your device is currently rooted you will lose root after flash, but you can still root it again if you want. Yes! The BOB7 can be rooted.
Disclaimer: Use of this method is solely at your own risk! Please proceed with precautions, for we will not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device by using this guide.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F is fully charge.Stock Firmwarepackages comes in two formats the ‘Full-Wipe’ (delete your stored data after flashing) and the ‘Non-Wipe’ (it does no’t delete your phone’s stored data) but it is highly recommended to make a back up all important files stored from your phone’s internal memory – contacts, messages, etc. before flashing no-matter if it is Full-Wipe or Non-Wipe, just to be safe and ensure that your stored data are in safe if something went wrong during the flashing process.
- Once you have made a back-up perform Full Wipe Data/Factory Reset. (see guide below)
- Use a PC or laptop that runs in Windows OS, with a good and perfectly working USB serial port. Odin will not work on MAC OS.
- Use the supplied USB cable for your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F.Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings – Settings>>About Phone>> then scroll down to the build number and tap that number for around 7-times ’til the Developer option appear.
- TURN OFF the Reactivation Lock – Go to Settings>>Security>>Reactivation Lock and then uncheck the Turn Reactivation lock on. This is only needed if you already turned-it-ON, from which you cannot modify the system when it’s turned-ON.
- Ensure that KIES is closed and not running in the system tray! Kies and Odin are both created by Samsung but Kies will interrupt and doesn’t like Odin, it will block you from flashing.
Note: The G900FXXU1BOB7 Android 5.0 Lollipop update comes with a protected bootloader it is clearly emphasize that the “SE for Android Status – Enforcing” that might cause issues when you try to downgrade to the old software updates. This also applies if you are planning into rooting and installs any custom recovery and any unsigned firmware once you are on Android 5.0 Lollipop , so please be aware with that.
Download the G900FXXU1BOB7 Android 5.0 Lollipop unbranded firmware:
Unbranded Stock ROM:
- United Kingdom – (with multi-CSC which is an open official firmware build for Europe countries) G900FXXU1BOB7_G900FOXA1BOB7 BTU (link)
- Germany – G900FXXU1BOB7_G900FDBT1BOB1 DBT (link) alternative download (link)
- Netherlands – G900FXXU1BOB7_G900FPHN1BOB1 PHN (link)
- Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden – G900FXXU1BOB7_G900FNEE1BOB1 NEE (link)
- Bulgaria – G900FXXU1BOB7_G900FOXX1BOB2 BGL (link)
Carrier branded Stock ROM:
- Austria (3) – G900FXXU1BOB7 DRE (link)
- United Kingdom (3) – G900FXXU1BOB7 H3G (link)
- Ireland (3) – G900FXXU1BOB7 3IE (link)
- Ireland (O2) – G900FXXU1BOB7 O2 (link)
- Ireland (Vodafone) – G900FXXU1BOB7 VDI (link)
- Italy (3) – G900FXXU1BOB7 HUI (link)
- Sweden (Vodafone) – G900FXXU1BOB7 VDS (link)
- Sweden (Tre) – G900FXXU1BOB7 HTS (link)
- Norway (Telenor) – G900FXXU1BOB7 TEN (link)
Install the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F USB driver
Install the USB Driver first to get rid of flashing failures. You may also need to extract thedownloaded file which is packed in zip or rar files, so that you’ll get the tar.md5 file.
Run and Configure Odin
Run Odin downloader Odin3_v3.09 on your PC desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ensure that the ‘Phone Bootloader Update’ (only if your device runs on 4.3) , ‘AUTO-REBOOT’ and ‘F.RESET TIME’ checkboxes must be checked. Only the ‘RE-PARTITION’ is unchecked.
Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F into Download Mode
To reboot the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. he download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
Connect your Phone to PC or Laptop
Once you already reboot the phone in download mode, simply connect the phone to your PC or laptop USB.
In Odin window – the ID:COM box will turn to blue color and indicates the COM port number and a message says “Added” on a logcat box will prompt you that the device is already detected or recognized by Odin. Your COM port number might be different from mine. If you do not see a COM port number then there’s something missing or wrong. You may read again from the top of this post.
Load the stock G900FXXU1BOB7 Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware file
The stock firmware is pack in a single .tar.md5 file only. Now, you need to just simply click on the AP button, then browse to the folder where the file you have previously extracted and then select and load it.
Start Flashing the stock firmware
Once if all set and ready to fire-up, hit the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock ROM.
Do not ever interrupt the phone while already in flashing progress, like disconnecting the cable or turning off the device. Just wait until it completely finish.
Wait until you see the PASS!! message
When the Stock Firmware installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” in Odin. This indicates that the flashing was already finish, and on the log box it says “All threads completed (succeed 1 / failed 0)”. The phone will just then automatically reboot, then it’s about time to remove it from PC or laptop USB connection.
How to get rid of lag issues and achieved a more stable Android 5.0 on your Galaxy S5
Some folks might miss this part, then there goes this lag problem here and there. This will also affects the battery life performance. So it is much better to perform a full wipe and factory reset once before and after flashing a stock firmware. This will not just avoid getting into any issues, but you can can also achieved a cleaner and fresher firmware installation. Just do make sure you all important data has a back-up copy and already saved in safe place before doing this.
Performing Full Wipe Data/Factory Reset on Samsung Galaxy S5
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F in Normal mode.