The Official Lollipop Update has officially pushed on Canadian Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8. The latter comes in build number N900W8VLU2DOC4 which is base in Android 5.0 Lollipop. The update will replace the previous Android 4.4.2 KitKat (KOT49H) N900W8VLUCNB7 which will then changed to Android 5.0 (LRX21V) N900W8VLU2DOC4. The roll out has been seeded on Bell and Telus Galaxy Note 3 variants. While other Canadian networks might follow as well if the update goes smooth and no issues found like the ones we have seen in Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8; which receives two updates due to the Home button issue.
In addition, this is the first Lollipop update so we do not expect if it’s a 100% stable build or might not. So better check it out yourself if everything went smooth once you took the update. It is now available via Over-The-Air (OTA) update and or using Kies 3. But for those who had been gone into modification and got a rooted devices; and now the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update is tickling you around then you might want to unroot and restore back your device to the official firmware. Then you may grab the untouched, unmodified N900W8VLU2DOC4 5.0 Lollipop stock firmware below.
Technical Details of N900W8VLU2DOC4 5.0 Update:
Device name: – Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Model number: SM-N900W8
Android version: 5.0 (Lollipop OS)
Baseband version: N900W8VLU2DOC4
Kernel version: 3.4.0-4348112
Build number: LRX21V.N900W8VLU2DOC4
Build date: March 13, 2015
How to Restore-back to Stock N900W8VLU2DOC4
The stock N900W8VLU2DOC4 firmware below are only for those who are rooted and has been modified their phones and may not get this update through ‘OTA’ over-the-air or even Kies and may have had faced issues like “Software Update Failed” or “This device is not supported with kies” and any similar errors. So again, if you want to have the official Lollipop update N900W8VLU2DOC4 installed on your Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900W8) just simply grab the N900W8VLU2DOC4 5.0 stock firmware from the sources below, for this is your other last resort.
Disclaimer: This method are used by Android developers and advanced users only. If ever this is your first time heard about this procedure, please make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not be held any responsibility if anything happens to your device from using this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
Q: Will I lose root once installed the N900W8VLU2DOC4 Lollipop Firmware?
A: Yes, this will restore your device into official software from your carrier and wipes any customization you have made.
Q: Can I install root again once upgraded to N900W8VLU2DOC4 Lollipop Firmware?
A: Yes, this firmware build can be rooted, but be aware about the new KNOX security platform hidden inside the system that completely voids the warranty of your device once gets tripped by means of rooting or installing any custom recovery. This sets “KNOX warranty Void: 0×1 from 0×0″ (You can see this when you set your device in download mode). This cannot be reset by any hacking method except by Samsung service personnel using a special reset tool of-course.
Download the original N900W8VLU2DOC4 Stock Firmware:
Stock Odin Firmware N900W8VLU2DOC4:
Rogers – N900W8VLU2DOC4_RWC (link)
Bell – N900W8VLU2DOC4_BMC (link)
Telus – N900W8VLU2DOC4_TLS (link)
Virgin Mobile – N900W8VLU2DOC4_VMC (link)
Fido – N900W8VLU2DOC4_FMC (link)
Mobilcity – N900W8VLU2DOC4_MTA (link)
Sasktel – N900W8VLU2DOC4_BWA (link)
Before you proceed prepare these necessary things as follows so you’ll not screwed-up your phone:
– Create a back-up or sync all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages,Applications, Pictures and Videos to your Google account, Samsung account and to your SD card, so that you will not lost it just in-case something might went wrong after the update and you need to make a factory reset.
– Make sure that your Galaxy Note 3 battery is fully charged to ensure stability and to get rid pf power failure issues while updating.
– Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflict.
– Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows OS.
Stock Firmware N900W8VLU2DOC4 Odin Flashing Procedures:
1) Extract the downloaded N900W8VLU2DOC4 firmware or stock ROM. Use winzip, 7zip,winrar or any decompressing program you have in your computer.
2) Run Odin3_v3.09 and configure its flashing options, DO NOT put check on the ‘Re-Partition’ check-box. Leave these checked – “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” check-boxes.
3) Just click on the AP button then select and load the N900W8VLU2DOC4 firmware.
4) Reboot the Galaxy Note 3 into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5) Connect the USB data cable to Phone. The ID:COM box will highlight and turn to a bluish color when the phone is properly connected and already recognized with Odin.
6) Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
7) DO NOT Interrupt, touch nor do anything when the phone is already in flashing progress mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that the installation successfully completes. (If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process)
8) Wait until the phone completely reboots. It might take much longer period of time but be patient, then unplug it from your computer.
Canada’s Firmware packages are all the same build which refer to as Bell in the end-result. Just Change the CSC code according to your network provider.
(NOTE: This process will wipe data, so make a back-up first all of your important data storage.)
1. Get the IMEI number of your phone, by dialing *#06#.
2. Copy the number indicated not including the / xx.
3. Once copied go back and dial this number *#272*IMEI#.
4. Select the correct CSC for your phone’s carrier then tap install.
i.e. BMC = Bell, RWC = Rogers. TLS = Telus, VTR = Videotron, and others.
5. The Phone will reset and reboot
I got errors right after the N900W8VLU2DOC4 being installed
If your device was rooted or runs with custom ROM, this issues usually occurred. If you sees some issues, including bootloops and lag issues, you may try to clean your phones memory cache, so it wipes and clean any old system images you’ve installed which may not compatible with N900W8VLU2DOC4 5.0 Lollipop firmware anymore, if something clogged the system images that’s are just the basic problem you’ll going to notice.
To fix this just try a full factory reset in Advance users mode.
Again, this is only optional just in-case you’ll experience bootloops and lag issues after flashing. Just make sure you already have the back-up of all of your files because this process wipes everything and cleans your phone and then restart fresh.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, to gain a fresh firmware installed.
That’s it, have something to say? Don’t hesitate to drop it on the comment form below.