First Samsung Galaxy Note Edge BE black edition SM-N915FY official Android 5.1.1 update has finally arrived to which came out as build N915FYXXU1COI1. The N915FYXXU1COI1 is massively rolled out to countries in Europe to which where many of this black edition of the Galaxy Note Edge variant can be found. The Android 5.1.1 update includes several enhancements, bug fixes and further improvements on Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915FY performance. Some noticeable new feature is the Smart Manager App to which users will be able to monitor the device performance, including battery life, RAM usage, memory storage, and device security against possible vulnerabilities.
Build details of N915FYXXU1COI1 5.1.1 update:
- Device name: GALAXY Note Edge (black edition)
- Model number: SM-N915FY
- Android version: 5.1.1
- Baseband version: N915FYXXU1COI1
- Kernel version: 3.10.40-5695220
- Build number: LMY47X.N915FYXXU1COI1
- Build date: 21 Sep 2015
- AP N915FYXXU1COI1
- CSC N915FYOXA1COI1
- CP N915FYOXA1COI1
Download N915FYXXU1COI1 5.1.1 Update Stock Firmware
The Smart Manager feature found on N915FYXXU1COI1 5.1.1 update:
Again and again, the N915FYXXU1COI1 update is officially rolled out via Over-The-Air (OTA), to which owners Galaxy Note Edge black edition SM-N915FY can simply check the update by going into the device Settings > About Device > Check for Update. However, those who have a modified and rooted device may no longer get the update, so the only option is to manually install the official N915FYXXU1COI1 Android 5.1.1 firmware itself. Just read on to out step-by-step guide on how to manually upgrade your device.
How to Manually Install the 5.1.1 Update N915FYXXU1COI1 Stock Firmware on Galaxy Note Edge (black edition) SM-N915FY
- Install the USB driver. This process cannot be done if your Galaxy Note Edge is not recognized by the computer. So make sure to install the USB driver first.
- Make sure to fully recharge the phone first or have at-least 50% remaining power.
- Backup all important data stored from the device, such as contacts, photos, videos, messages and among stuff you have.
- Unzip the firmware file. Decompress the firmware file by using Winzip, 7zip, WinRAR.
- Run and Configure Odin. Run Odin downloader Odin3_v3.10.6 on your PC desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ensure that the ‘RE-PARTITION’ is unchecked, only the “AUTO-REBOOT” and “F.RESET TIME” checkboxes are both remained checked.
- Reboot your Galaxy Note Edge N915FY into Download Mode. To reboot the Galaxy Note Edge into download mode, you need to turn the power off first. Once it is completely turned off, just press and hold the Volume Down, Home and the Power/Lock button simultaneously. It should then prompt you into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
- Connect your Galaxy Note Edge into your Computer. As soon as you reboot the phone in download mode, simply connect the phone to your PC or laptop USB. In Odin window – the ID:COM box will turn to blue color and indicates the COM port number and a word “Added” on a log box will prompt you that the device is already detected or recognized by Odin. Your COM port number might be different from mine. If you do not see a COM port number then there’s something missing or wrong. You may read again from the top of this post.
- Load the Galaxy Note Edge BE SM-N915FY Stock Firmware package. The stock ROM is pack in single .tar.md5 file only. You just need to simply click on the AP button, then browse to the folder where the file you have previously extracted and then select and load it. Example: “N915FYXXU1COI1_N915FYOXA1COI1_HOME.tar.md5″
- Start Installing the Stock Firmware. Once all set and ready, fire-up the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock ROM. Do not ever interrupt the phone while already in flashing progress, like disconnecting the cable or turning off the device. Just wait until it completely finishes.
- Wait until Odin shows PASS!!. When the Stock ROM installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” in Odin. That simply indicates that the flashing was finished, and on the log box it says “All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)”. The phone will just then automatically reboot, then it’s about time to disconnect it from your computer. Confirm if you successfully installed the stock firmware by going into Apps > Settings > About device.