Another Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 to build version I9500XXUHOH7 which has just recently rolled out in Europe. The I9500XXUHOH7 is now the third 5.0.1 update next to the previous released build I9500XXUHOB8 and build I9500XXUHOA7 for the last few months has passed. So those who might need the stock firmware build I9500XXUHOH7 itself, you may just grab and manually install it onto your device.
Technical Details of I9500XXUHOH7 Android 5.0.1 Firmware:
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4
Model number: GT-I9500
Android version: 5.0.1 (Lollipop OS)
Baseband version: I9500XXUHOD4
Kernel version: 3.4.5-5680973
Build number: LRX22C.I9500XXUHOH7
SE for Android status: Enforcing
The I9500XXUHOH7 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 can be officially downloaded and installed via Samsung Kies if you are from the mentioned countries this specific update has been released. Below are the official build I9500XXUHOH7 stock firmware for all advanced users that might needed it to unroot and restore back their Galaxy S5 to official firmware from any modified or custom ROM.
Important Note: Flashing I9500XXUHOH7 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Firmware
- Make a full back-up of all important data stored from your phone and saved it in your computer. I highly recommend this as we are going to perform a full factory data reset.
- Perform a Full wipe factory data/reset before and after flashing so your phone cache will be cleaned-up and help get rid of lag issues once the installation is finished. Read at the bottom of this post for performing factory reset.
- Re-charge your phone’s battery.
- Use a PC or laptop that runs in Windows OS, with a good and perfectly working USB data cable.
- Use the supplied USB cable for your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings – Settings>>About Phone, then scroll down to the build number and tap that number for around 7-times ’til the Developer option appears. Hit back to Home>>Settings>>Developer option>>Enable USB debugging.
- TURN OFF the Reactivation Lock – This is only needed if you already turned-it-ON, from which you cannot modify the system when it’s turned-ON. Go to Settings>>Security>>Reactivation Lock and then uncheck the Turn Reactivation lock on.
Q: My Samsung Galaxy S4 is rooted, will I lose root once installed the officialfirmware?
If your device is currently rooted you will lose root after flash, but you can still root it again if you want.
Q: Will this method triggers KNOX Warranty counter to 0x1?
No, this is an official and signed Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware released by Samsung, so flashing official firmware will not harm KNOX warranty void flag.
Q: Can I flashed this on-top of any Android 4.4.2 KitKat?
Yes, as long as your Galaxy S4 is running on the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat such as the following:
Disclaimer: Use of this method is solely at your own risk! Please proceed with precautions, for we will not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device by using this guide.
Download the I9500XXUHOH7 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware:
Take note: This firmware is for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 (Exynos) only. DO Not ever use it on GT-I9505 (Snapdragon), including those branded versions in the US and Canada.
Install the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 USB driver.
Install the USB Driver first to get rid of flashing failures. You may also need to extract the downloaded file which is packed in zip or rar files, so that you’ll get the tar.md5 file.
Run and Configure Odin.
Run Odin downloader Odin3_v3.09 on your PC desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ‘AUTO-REBOOT’ and ‘F.RESET TIME’ checkboxes must be checked. Only the ‘RE-PARTITION’ is unchecked.
Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S4 into Download Mode.
To reboot the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. he download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
Connect your Phone to PC or Laptop.
Once you already reboot the phone in download mode, simply connect the phone to your PC.
In Odin window – the ID:COM box will turn to blue color and indicates the COM port number and a message says “Added” on a logcat box will prompt you that the device is already detected or recognized by Odin. Your COM port number might be different from mine. If you do not see a COM port number then there’s something missing or wrong. You may read again from the top of this post.
Load the stock I9500XXUHOH7 Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware.
The stock firmware is pack in a single .tar.md5 file only. Simply click on the AP button, then browse to the folder where the file you have previously extracted and then select and load it.
Start Flashing the I9500XXUHOH7 stock firmware.
Once if all set and ready to fire-up, hit the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock ROM.
Do not ever interrupt the phone while already in flashing progress, like disconnecting the cable or turning off the device. Just wait until it completely finish.
Wait until you see the PASS!! message.
When the Stock Firmware installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” in Odin. This indicates that the flashing was already finish, and on the log box it says “All threads completed (succeed 1 / failed 0)”. The phone will just then automatically reboot, then it’s about time to remove it from PC or laptop USB connection.
How to get rid of lag issues and achieved a more stable Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on your Galaxy S4
Some folks might miss this part, then there goes this lag problem here and there. This will also affects the battery life performance. So it is much better to perform a full wipe and factory reset once before and after flashing a stock firmware. This will not just avoid getting into any issues, but you can can also achieved a cleaner and fresher firmware installation. Just do make sure you all important data has a back-up copy and already saved in safe place before doing this. This process does not cover on any outdated apps that causes incompatibility issues on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop OS, all you need is find any updates on that particular apps to fixed any issues.
Performing Full Wipe Data/Factory Reset on Samsung Galaxy S4 in Recovery Mode
- Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
- Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
- Next select the “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Lastly, select “Reboot System Now” to reboot your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT_I9500 in normal mode.